Page 89 of 154 FirstFirst ... 6979848586878889909192939499109 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Batman's figh scene as highlighted by Gok above makes me think it was 80% inspired by the Arkham games. If the Batfleck films have the same style of action, I'd be thrilled.

What bugged me about the JL reveal was that it was reduced to a meaningless scene which did nothing to advance the plot of the actual movie. If it was important to throw into the movie, they should've been better than some shitty .mpeg files.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I saw Suicide Squad (and it's great to pay $10 for a ticket) on Saturday and what an amazing movie because it's from the bad guys perspective with a good amount of time at the start to flesh out the character backgrounds especially for:
    Harley Quinn who is outstanding just like in the trailers.
    Dead Shot who is solid in the leadership role.

Apart from that, Batman just makes a cameo in the back stories for the above characters. While Jared Leto as the Joker is average at best which is understandable because it's hard to follow in the footsteps of legends like Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger. The two main villains in this movie are quite impressive due to their sheer power and no the Joker's not one of them.
    Overall I'm not going to compare this movie to Captain America: Civil War because this one is a dark and grubby affair compared to Civil War's clean cut, straight edge look and feel.
    I forgot to mention that the Flash makes a cameo.

I thought Leto was great. Just like Affleck, he played a different Joker to everyone else. And the best Joker imo has always been Hamill. But in saying that, good ol WB had their grubby fingers all over it and cut it up. There's apparently alot of deleted/altered scenes. Surprising, they partly lightened it up.

And the BS that is coming from Joker/Harley relationship thanks to the SJWs really annoys me

I recently came across the news that Jared Leto is upset at how he was depicted as the Joker. Turns out there was a fair amount of Joker material left on the cutting room floor.

Finally got around to watching Man of Steel. Not bad. Probably the best Superman film I've seen (haven't seen BvS yet), but that's not saying much.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Suicide Squad was damn good, really felt John Carpenter-esc Escape from NY/Assault on Precinct 13 romp. Joker was great I just don't like the grill, but that isn't a issue with the film itself. Boomer was gold. Diablo was the big surprise of the movie by being a major character and not fodder. Quinn defied the odds and wan't annoying, quite compelling in the end.
    Can't fault this one, even the missus loved it claiming it as the best of all DC movies inc TDK etc.

Give it a go. 8/10

Also saw the trailer for Doctor Strange, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Finally got around to watching Man of Steel. Not bad. Probably the best Superman film I've seen (haven't seen BvS yet), but that's not saying much.
    I don't think that MoS is bad, but the main criticism that crops up is that the tone and colours are too dark. This worked for Batman because he's meant to be a dark character, but Superman is supposed to be bright, vibrant and uplifting. He's meant to be the optimistic and always hopeful boy scout, much like Captain America.

Check out this video: What if Man of Steel were in colour?

Watched Warcraft last night, very frustrating movie. The Orc stuff was really well done and quite compelling, but the human side of things was a mess. Hard to recommend to anyone other than Warcraft fans, even then only if you like the Horde (as you should)
    5/10

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    And the best Joker imo has always been Hamill.
    I heard his Joker ringtone recently. Damn that was good. Need to find time to watch his cartoon voice talent work.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    I heard his Joker ringtone recently. Damn that was good. Need to find time to watch his cartoon voice talent work.
    Or play the Batman Arkham series.