Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon US items (available to us)

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    My browser crashes when I click the hyperlink button, but if you search for Gold Armor Grimlock he is in g1 colours and ships
    Is it crashing when you click on one of my links above, or while you are on Amazon?

Yes, Warrior Gold Armor Grimlock is in stock, and mine arrived today (I ordered it about a week ago with a number of other items).

No just hitting the button to insert a hyperlink on an iPad. The ones you post work perfectly
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I'm signed into my Amazon account with my Australian address account and browsing ths site, adding stuff to my cart, going to the check out to see a total price with shipping.

So on any of those screens am I looking at AUD prices? Or am i seeing USD prices?

The checkout screen says both "Amazon Currency Converter is Disabled" and "Change card currency from AUD" so I'm not sure which currency I'm seeing. And wether I need to apply a USD dollar conversion?

I've not ordered anything through Amazon recently enough for the transactions to be seen on my netbanking so I can't check one to compare.

This feels like a stupid question but after looking through their help and a bit of googling I can't get a straight answer.

EDIT

Ok I've done something and I get a AUD price now listed and can switch between the two on the final checkout page. I think this may be something to do with preorders vs ordering stuff in stock? Feeling more comfortable now (although that exchange rate!)
    Last edited by Paulbot; 14th August 2015 at 10:59 PM.

Everything is in US$ until the checkout screen, which has the option of paying in AU$ or US$. (there is a link on the right somewhere to switch currencies... but everything before that is US$ by default)

You get what you pay for, so I'm never upset with the way Amazon packs their shipments, because they don't charge much with shipping... and apparently don't pay their workers much.
    As such, I'm still happy with this (compared to Australian pricing), and I generally recommend Amazon for those people who don't keep packaging... and tell people who want Mint Sealed items to shop elsewhere that charges more to cover the extra cost of padding.
    I also don't make a fuss about it to Amazon, as they'd end up charging more for shipping if they were forced to start putting more time and padding into their shipments.

That's exactly what it looked like when I opened the box. I haven't touched anything yet.
    I actually opened up the bottom of the box, so there is some bubble-wrap underneath the toys, which is usually just thrown in at the end before taping up the box.... but not enough padding to stop things moving around inside the empty space left in the box.

Sometimes I wonder. Sure this might be fine with their fast internal postage but sending things overseas you'd think a little more care might be considered.

How Amazon treat employees.

It is an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sometimes I wonder. Sure this might be fine with their fast internal postage but sending things overseas you'd think a little more care might be considered.
    I have the same feeling, but after seeing on American TV news in the last few days of the "assembly line" working conditions, if Amazon charged more for better packing, I would only be comfortable if it was passed onto the workers. Because they would be the ones who would be required to spend the extra time on carefully packing items... and it wouldn't be fair on them if they are expected to maintain the same quota at the same pay just so we get toys arriving in Mint condition.

Somewhat relevant link to the aforementioned.

Can someone give a me a rough estimate on the price including shipping for CW Ultra Magnus and CW Huffer together in AUD? It seems I can't check shipping unless logged in. (link and link if needed)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Comes to $70 US with shipping via standard shipping. The exchange rate calculator puts it at about $100 AUS.