Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generations Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devestator)

it's good but personally I still prefer the look of Maketoys Giant, if only there was an upscaled version

I don't understand this obsession with big toys and MP scale. While this guy has a certain appeal, I don't really understand why it needs to be so big. it may be MP scale but the aesthetics look anything but the current MP style. The same with Warbatron as cool as he is. And the bigger they make this things the more unstable and harder to store they get.

I'll stick with Giant who in my opinion is the perfect scale for a CHUG Devastator, not everything needs to be done in MP style.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't understand this obsession with big toys and MP scale. While this guy has a certain appeal, I don't really understand why it needs to be so big. it may be MP scale but the aesthetics look anything but the current MP style. The same with Warbatron as cool as he is. And the bigger they make this things the more unstable and harder to store they get.

I'll stick with Giant who in my opinion is the perfect scale for a CHUG Devastator, not everything needs to be done in MP style.
    QFT. Except I don't see the appeal of this guy at all.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    QFT. Except I don't see the appeal of this guy at all.
    Yeah the bigger they are the more little things they have going on that I think detracts from it. Sure a huge robot would have lots of little panels and stuff but for say warbotron for one, I would prefer a cleaner look with larger flat surfaces. Just from airburst or w/e the not blastoff is, I got turned off the line straight away due to the vehicle mode. Masterpiece scale is cool, but not just for the sake of it imo, maybe 3Ps are just trying to get bigger and bigger to outdo each other and have the top spot in people's collections (because they know people will buy it).

I for one, if I cant pick it up and move it one handed without it flopping etc I'm not keen. Then again if I had more money and more space I'd probably buy every 3P gestalt... except this one. The aesthetic doesnt do it for me, and the vehicles put me in mind of cybertron line, build king. Dont get me wrong, I'm not condemning people having their own ideas and renditions of figures (warbotron is actually awesome in concept and impressive but too much going on), but this just doesn't work for me at all.

Tl;dr if it weren't for CW devi I'd still go for giant due to the much better look, aesthetic over size imo.

I agree. Its looks good but is not as streamlined and smooth as the MP. The aesthetic is not just the same and combiners like this and Warbotron have a sort-of CHUG/techno look to them that matches well with CHUG stuff but not MP's. If I were to get it it would be because I like combiners and would display it separately from my MP's.
    Spiderken Away!

Up on TFi... but i wouldn't bother looking unless you've got about $720+shipping floating around!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Yeah I agree. This looks more like an over sized CHUG toy than MP.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Up on TFi... but i wouldn't bother looking unless you've got about $720+shipping floating around!
    Same sort of money as Warbotron and not too bad when you consider that some of the MP scale stuff is $150+ but yes still a lot of money (I don't even make that in a week!)
    Spiderken Away!

c/o DaimChoc