Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Generations Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devestator)

If it wasn't for the quite reasonable price tag (all things considered) and size of CW Devastator, I wouldn't be owning any other than my MakeToys Giant Type 61. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing how MMC approaches Devestator when/if they do. This one looks too puffy to me. Heck, I'd be happy to see Make Toys take another stab at a larger MP sized Devestator/Green Giant.
    Not me, I want Maketoys to keep doing their own take on combiners in the CHUG universe not revisit the past, same with MMC. All this slavish devotion to MP scale and geewun aesthetics is going to get old after a while, the two companies mentioned as well as FP are excellent at putting their own mecha style spins on Transformers designs, and I hope they continue to do that while also entertaining the MP obsession with some of their other lines.

I'm hanging to see Maketoys completed Guardia, and to be honest I'd even consider their version of Superion if they do one, despite the fact by this time next month I will likely have 2 Superion like toys already.

I find it very hard to form an opinion with just a silhouette to go on. I will wait for more pics. If its MP scale I would consider getting it as it seems unlikely TT will ever do an MP combiner.
    Spiderken Away!

heres a few prototype pics, more pics seen at tfw

My sales thread: LINK HERE

That looks a lot better than I expected, but I'm not sold on it yet. Devestator and the bots look too chunky.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    That looks a lot better than I expected, but I'm not sold on it yet. Devestator and the bots look too chunky.
    Me too. And I think the head and/or neck proportions is a bit off. But devi is my favourite of all time so I'll keep an eye on this.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

OH MY

that looks expensive.
    i guess i had better stop buying food now

It looks pretty good to me. It is never going to perfect G1 but I think it looks more G1 than Warbotron.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    It looks pretty good to me. It is never going to perfect G1 but I think it looks more G1 than Warbotron.
    I think this is more g1 in combined mode, but if you look at the separate robot modes, they are far from g1, all the head sculpts are way off. I don't think 5 out of the 6 constructicons have mouthplates... Then again I don't think I would be getting this (if I do) for their individual robot modes

I did notice an abundance of mouth plates but like you said, I don't think people will be buying him for his individual robot modes.
    Spiderken Away!