Thread: Prototype Optimal Optimus and maybe more

Default Prototype Optimal Optimus and maybe more

The broker who sold the Gen2 Stunticons recently on ebay (z75sales) is apparently the person posting up a couple of videos that document the estate of a former Hasbro/Kenner employee. (same username on youtube)

The first video is just a minute of looking at rooms of boxes, but the second one is interesting, for showing us how he stumbled across a pre-production sample of the Beast Wars Optimal Optimus toy, in mostly black. (you can mute the videos as there is just music playing, with text on the screen)

Hopefully he posts up more videos of the rare stuff and prototypes (not just Transformers). Even though he has mentioned in the past that there wasn't too much in the boxes that was Transformers (I think he's already listed all the non-Beast Wars TFs on ebay), there may yet be some Beast Wars goodies to be shown off.

That was awesome. How exciting would it be to open that Optimal box!

I bought a MOC G2 Cyberjet Production Sample from him.... lovely guy to deal with.

I look forward to seeing what else he puts up for sale

Another video posted, opening a box of sealed Gen1 toys. Probably nothing special (just general release figures), but that would be one awesome box to come across one day and open.

Those G1 are going to go for a butt-load of money! The Mirage especially looks beautiful. Sunstreaker looked a little strange though - being that you could only see about half the toy through the window, and there was a lot of 'empty space' in the window. I haven't seen many boxed Sunstreakers, but was that normal for him?

Its a shame they are AFA'ing everything. I'm not really a fan of AFA graded stuff in the first place, and I think its just going to drive the prices up way too much (not that I've got a chance at them anyway )

But a lot of awesome pieces in that box

The Optimal Optimus auction is now on ebay.

Plus, if you check out his other items (link), you will see three more first year Beast Wars prototypes that he had listed before. (either they didn't sell before, or there were a couple of each of them)

It is also interesting to see some of the other 1990s Kenner prototypes for sale, including a number of Star Wars ones (Kenner had the license back then).

That G1 case break.......... So nice... Soooooo so nice...

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another video posted, opening a box of sealed Gen1 toys. Probably nothing special (just general release figures), but that would be one awesome box to come across one day and open.
    It's beautiful

Ooooooooh. One day...

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...