View Poll Results: Timelines Treadshot with Catgut - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

8 57.14%
  • Only if a member of the TFSS

1 7.14%
  • Only if...

1 7.14%
  • Na

4 28.57%
  • Ugly as sin - keep it away from me!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFSS: Timelines Treadshot with Catgut

Default Toy Review - TFSS: Timelines Treadshot with Catgut

Name: Treadshot with Catgut
    Series - Timelines
    Sub-line – TFSS
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Generations Warpath
    Wave - 2
    Released here – n/a
    Approximate Retail Price - $46.50
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Tank and Particle Cannon
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Targetmaster Partner Catgut
    Main Colours – Black, Grey, Orange
    Main Accessories – Catgut, Missile

Robot Mode
    Not the prettiest colour scheme but very faithful to G1 Treadshot. What is disappointing is that given the relative uniqueness of G1 Treadshots helmet they could not be bothered to represent it here, instead simply keeping the original molds head with a new colour scheme. It makes you wonder, considering the original G1 Treadshots helmet and calves, if perhaps Classics Megatron would not have been a better choice and then this mold could have been used for Gutcruncher, who indeed had a shoulder cannon and tank tracks in his robot mode. Despite these misgivings I still think it is an ok looking robot with decent articulation and poseability.

Tank Mode
    Given the name ‘Tread – Shot’ I guess a tank was a good choice for the character. Again, the colour scheme is a tad off putting but G1 faithful and I’ve loved the mold since it was used for Warpath back in the day. A great looking tank with lots of weapons

Transformation
    Not too easy but doesn’t take very long, all one would expect from a figure based on a Generations mold.

Catgut

The Arms Micron partner mold they chose for Catgut was a good choice and he looks good in both modes. Good G1 homage colour scheme and overall much more impressive than TFSS Frenzy was when he arrived with TFSS Barricade. Certainly an excellent inclusion and adds a lot to the pair.

Overall
    A decent homage to G1 Action Master Treadshot and his (Targetmaster) partner Catgut. Comes with a good bio and the materials feel of better quality than some of the other club figures. Except for an ugly colour scheme (which the G1 toy had anyway) and the disappointing lack of a new head quite a good figure pair of figures overall and a welcome addition to the subscription service.

Huzzah, looks like they are finally getting their act together with the bios. Comma usage is way way down and it doesn't make me want to stab my eyes.

Maybe the club is picking up it's act? Maybe all the money they are making on their toys has allowed them to study English?

Toy looks ok as well. I can see why they used Warpath (which is a figure I love to bits!), and I think they (looking at net pictures since I don't have action masters) did fairly well with the head without a comlete remould. Treadshot's head does look like a helmet and Warpath's head looks like a different type of helmet.

I've gotta say.. it does look good. I struggle with the costs and requirements of the club and sometimes i end up worse off because of it - this is one of those times. He could always use a new head but HasTak often skip on that too. Great job FP!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Your thoughts echo my sentiments a lot Trev, the only difference being I'm not overly disappointed about the lack of a new head.

I have no real connection to Action masters never having owned one, but I like that the club is gradually re-producing them all in a transformable mode. I Love this mold and am happy to have a repaint of it. The colours aren't too bad in tank mode, it's only bright in a couple small spots.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It looks nice to me in robot mode, as does Catgut. Just not a fan of the alt-mode choice, since the Gen1 version was supposed to turn into a revolver, which obviously limits the options to do a Classics Treadshot.

I will either be really picky or really excited about this figure when I get it, as Treadshot was my first AM toy, and the only US AM toy I had during the Gen1 era... so I'm quite sentimentally attached to the original, making me more critical of any attempted homages (like with Circuit from last year, which was the only other AM toy I had during Gen1).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just not a fan of the alt-mode choice, since the Gen1 version was supposed to turn into a revolver, which obviously limits the options to do a Classics Treadshot.

Hence why I thought the Classics Megatron figure that turned into a blaster might be a good choice for him, though those big side-wing things can be off putting. Plus that figure had a helmet and similar calves

I'm unlikely to get this toy, so if anyone would care to post a comparison photo of it w/ G1 Treadshot on this thread, please feel free.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the mold choice on this guy given the lack of recent gun transformer toys, but a new head sculpt would of definitely sweetened the deal for me too. They may end up using the mold again for Gutcruncher (hopefully with a new head) but who knows

A few more pics of Treadshot and Catgut here in the Action pose thread + a few with Generations Warpath