View Poll Results: Cyberverse Grimlock - worth getting!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me Grimlock say you get this toy now!

1 16.67%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 50.00%
  • Me Grimlock no like this toy - me Grimlock stomp!

2 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Grimlock (Ultra)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Grimlock (Ultra)

Grimlock
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Ultra
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $39
    Approximate Size - 17cm
    Allegiance - Dinobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian T-Rex
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Rocket Roar
    Main Colours – Grey, Yellow, Black
    Main Accessories - None

ROBOT MODE

It is a big bulky and solid looking Grimlock. Despite being depicted in the shots of the cartoon as having a mouth (like in RID) they have given Grimlock back his faceplate and overall a much more G1 head than the ‘teddy-bear’ look he was rocking in Robots in Disguise, which I was not a fan of. He is well proportioned and has a very G1/Evergreen colour scheme. This figure has minimal articulation, his shoulders and elbows both have a small amount of movement but he has no knee or head articulation whatsoever. The front half of his Dino-mode folds down the back of him and goes all the way down to his knees; the figure could have benefitted from this folding in half so that it formed a backpack, but I guess that was not possible due to the figure having to accommodate the ‘Rocket Roar’ feature that the robot mode doesn’t use.

Cybertronian T-Rex Mode

It’s an interesting look, very distinctive with the raised eye sockets and the way it leans forward is quite indicative of the Animated version. The spikes on his back, forehead and tail are quite interesting too. A black tail instead of the usual gold but it still sorta works.
    By pressing down on one of his back nodules (the foot from his robot mode) you activate the ‘Rocket Roar’ feature which not only shoots ‘fire’ out his mouth but also causes it to flare up from his back. It looks pretty cool and it will be interesting to see if this happens in the upcoming cartoon as I think it would look quite boss for his back to be spouting fire as he breathes it at Cons.

Overall I'm quite liking this Grimlock more than I thought I would any of the Cyberverse toys and given how much my son has played with it it's great for kids!

FOR MORE DETAILS AND LOTS OF PHOTOS OF CYBERVERSE GRIMLOCK AND SHOCKWAVE, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG HERE

I quite like the look of this Grimlock's dino mode. Robot mode is severely let down by the lack of basic articulation. Knees and head joints should be mandatory.

The Cyberverse toys always seem to be lacking something major (articulation/ paint/ design/ etc), which is disappointing.