View Poll Results: Is this PotP Cindersaur worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this toy is life-changing!

4 40.00%
  • Only if cheap

4 40.00%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • I pity the fool who buys this!

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - PotP Legends Cindersaur

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    It's weird because within the same lore/continuity surrounding these toys, this character is addressed and both male and female (see his/her Alpha Trion and Micronus cards). I've just thrown my hands up in the air and decided it should be at the discretion of the customer, so I picked female. It's ok if other people prefer to think of this as male.

EDIT: I just looked up the original toy's tech spec bio. Huh, so the PotP packaging bio is consistent with the G1 toy's bio ("Hobbies include barbequeing Autobots and drinking lava...")... My bad! I should have done my research beforehand. So, this is suppose to represent G1 Cindersaur... huh...
    Oh well that changes things a bit, maybe if the character can be male and has a similar bio then perhaps it can be thought of as an update rather than an homage.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I see that more as a pro than a con. The G1 Firecons are terrible toys and Cindersaur was the worst of that poor lot.

And this homage is WAY closer to looking like Cindersaur than the BotCon figure.
    Again, I reckon the nearest we have had to the original was the Prime version. The Bot Shots version wasn't bad but would have been better if the alt-mode didn't have a beak like Flamefeather's rather than a horn.

I'm just happy that Cindersaur's transformation is more than just turning around.
    The G1 Firecons remind me of the demons in Monkey. Like you'd have a human like this just spin around to change into a demon.

"So, Monkey, you thought that I was just a horned Godzilla. But I am actually..."
    <spins>
    "The Decepticon Cindersaur!"
    "Pigsy, you swine"!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm just happy that Cindersaur's transformation is more than just turning around.
    The G1 Firecons remind me of the demons in Monkey. Like you'd have a human like this just spin around to change into a demon.

"So, Monkey, you thought that I was just a horned Godzilla. But I am actually..."
    <spins>
    "The Decepticon Cindersaur!"
    "Pigsy, you swine"!
    The best one of those was the Unicorn King who would stick out his tongue, waggle his hands by his ears and go ‘blllbllbllbll’ as he spun