Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review video of Siege Soundwave

Default Toy Review video of Siege Soundwave

My first video review in ages (8 years or so) so please be gentle in the comments. :-)

https://youtu.be/NddlVfM-xa4

Update cideo with lamp and boombox modes. https://youtu.be/1-LLB3Yhxzk

FatalityPitt Guest

Thanks for showing this off. I was contemplating whether to look for this today and maybe buy it. Even though it's not really a planned purchase for me, I was curious about the alt-mode, transformation, and whether or not I'd like it if I saw it IRL.

I think the selling points of this Soundwave, for me anyways, are the robot mode (especially the head sculpt), light-piping, and the deployer gimmick. Those are really good. Unfortunately I feel like these qualities are off-set by a couple things. The alt-mode looks like a piece of abstract art, and you have to buy the spy patrol set to enjoy the deployer gimmick (which is pretty expensive imo). Also, the pseudo battle-damage paint apps aren't really a good look for Soundwave. I think I might get this only if I stumble upon it, and it's cheap.

Anyways, thanks again for the video

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Robot mode is awesome... I hate the official alt mode, but the cybertronian 'fan' alt mode is great.

If there's one good thing about 'nothing' altmode figures like this, it's that they leave the door open for plenty of fan modes...here's a few I made tonight, a couple are (IMHO) better than the official mode Hasbro gave us. His leg joints being so firm means that these are all stable despite not pegging in most cases.

This one's probably my favourite, more visually interesting than the official version, but still a plausible 'Space Freighter'. The idea of 'mandibles' like this in Sci-Fi are quite common:

These are some variations on what I imagine would be a stocky but well-armed starfighter:

Space-Forklift:

I like this one, but it needs a hand staying upright...

And finally, a Walker/Troop Deployment walker, complete with underbelly access ramp for his minions:

Excited to see if anyone else can come up with some other ideas!
    Last edited by Sutton; 13th March 2019 at 08:02 PM.

Battle Sled! that’s a great name for an alt mode. I was curious about the alt modes on this guy so thanks for posting all of them. A few more light sources in your videos would be nice but otherwise good stuff!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Beautiful robot mode (“battle damage” paintwork aside). Unconvincing vehicle mode. I noticed that, like Siege voyager Starscream, the robot chest becomes the rear of the spacecraft, but that feature doesn’t seem to be getting the same level of criticism for Soundwave as it is for Starscream. I might be comparing apples to oranges there a little, bit still...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Beautiful robot mode (“battle damage” paintwork aside). Unconvincing vehicle mode. I noticed that, like Siege voyager Starscream, the robot chest becomes the rear of the spacecraft, but that feature doesn’t seem to be getting the same level of criticism for Soundwave as it is for Starscream. I might be comparing apples to oranges there a little, bit still...
    I'd say it's because Starscream's mode looks more like something so it stands out more. It's a relatively sleek 'Viper' starfighter, with a weird backend. On Soundwave, it's a weird piece of decoration on a thing that doesn't actually look like anything.

Got this dude today... by the looks of things removing the try hard "battle damage" is going to be quite a task, especially while trying to avoid removing other paint apps. I predict that I'll probably accidentally remove some paint ops that I don't want to remove and will have to repaint them. GUH.

Like some of these fan modes, although they look more like cargo movers than fighters to me.

This might be a silly question, but would it be easier to paint over battle damage than try and remove it?