Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratbat's Transformers Reviews

Sightings/Sales

View Poll Results: Worth buying?
Yes 6 100.00%
Only if cheap 0 0%
Only if (something else) 0 0%
No 0 0%
Not even interested 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st May 2019, 09:41 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

I noticed that the side of the box for Scrapmetal has a Devastator head instead of an Autobot symbol (even the Decepticon toys have an Autobot symbol, which annoys me for being a wasted opportunity)... so maybe this is a way for non-fans to know that this is part of a special team (not that the boxes needed it if the Decepticons had Autobot symbols on theirs, and people buying these would already know they are part of Devastator).

When the last Constructicon is released, I think transforming the team all at once from either mode and then combining them, will be a big project.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:41 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thanks for the review.

Iím in just to flesh out the Decepticon ranks.
Old 26th May 2019, 03:10 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

For a movie 'bot that Hasbro had to pretty design from scratch this is a really nice figure.

I like how his chicken leg configuration makes him a short little 'bot.

Also love the silver "spine" details on the back, as well as the search lights on the shoulder which he used in the underwater "ze little one" sequence (although after going back to look at that particular scene again it's debatable if that was meant to be Scrapmetal..)

This is my first SS Constructicon but from the looks of things all of them have turned out to be excellent so far. Really hope this high standard is consistent across the board with the Constructicons so we can enjoy the individual 'bots more before the big event.
Old 1st June 2019, 01:07 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
For a movie 'bot that Hasbro had to pretty design from scratch this is a really nice figure.
I think this lack of a decisive screen model has allowed the designers a greater degree of creative liberty which has worked in the toy's favour. Trying to achieve screen likeness is often something that impedes a toy's design. Even the best made screen-like toys tend to be good in spite of screen-likeness rather than because of it. IMHO toys tend to be better when screen-likeness is a lower priority (if a factor at all), and Scrapmetal is an example of this. Similarly Cogman. Contrast this with Shatter; I'm not saying that screen-likeness is the source of this toy's problems, but it sure ain't^isn't helping.
Old 8th June 2019, 03:22 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Boring but enjoyable for there perfection.