Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU/POP Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    With the ongoing MOTU collectables, I was hoping people getting them here would be more willing to post up news or reviews if they had their own section.
    I might take up that offer to do my own reviews in this section. I'll see what I can do this weekend

Another successful evening of online ordering

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You mean morning!

Yeah, I got my stuff in 3 minutes! Lots of people on the Org must've missed out, cos they are p!ssed! (Again) That site is crashing something shocking... everybody in the world must be trying to post on that site right now Even the Matty site is easier to log on to...

Higher production numbers didn't count for too much - She-Ra still sold out in like 15 minutes.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I decided to finally camp out, all because I want She-Ra. I didn't care for the last few releases, but I was adamant to get her!

So happy right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    You mean morning!

Yeah, I got my stuff in 3 minutes! Lots of people on the Org must've missed out, cos they are p!ssed! (Again) That site is crashing something shocking... everybody in the world must be trying to post on that site right now Even the Matty site is easier to log on to...

Higher production numbers didn't count for too much - She-Ra still sold out in like 15 minutes.
    I am a shift worker so I am still up at that time so it is still evening for me

There has been nothing but hate on the .org all week. Pretty much since Chief Carnivus was revealed as the September figure.

But I do feel for those that missed out, I only ever had it the once for Trap Jaw. All that will be fixed for me next year, All-in Sub!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I am a shift worker so I am still up at that time so it is still evening for me
    Unfortunately I only just got to sleep when my alarm went off to wake up and deal with the WSOD. It's like having a heart attack and then going back to bed.

But I do feel for those that missed out, I only ever had it the once for Trap Jaw. All that will be fixed for me next year, All-in Sub!
    Are you a shill?... I kid, I kid! j/k

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There has been nothing but hate on the .org all week. Pretty much since Chief Carnivus was revealed as the September figure.
    Chief Who? Never heard of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    Chief Who? Never heard of this character.

This is Chief Carnivus. He was in the MYP MOTU 200x cartoon

It's like having a heart attack and then going back to bed.
    That is the best way to put it

Are you a shill?... I kid, I kid! j/k
    Are you not getting the sub?
    I am almost a shill because I think the All-in sub is an awesome idea. I don't care what figures I get in this line. I want them all.

MOTUC is my Pokemon, Gotta Catch 'em All

Default Raider's Reviews

Unofficial MOTUC Throne of Bones and Viewing Table

Griffin had previously asked for this thread to feature pictures, reviews, etc. of MOTU so I thought I would take him up on it. This is my first ever review on anything so it is not going to be in great depth and detail as I don't want to bore everyone

I have been collecting the Masters of the Universe Classics line for about a year now. Since that time I have managed to acquire every figure released and I now have a 'so far' full collection of Loose and MOC figures.

For anyone who has been intrigued by the line they should really give it a shot. I cannot recommend them enough. That is if you can manage to purchase the figure in the very narrow 30 minute (or less) window that they are actually available for on the 16th (early morning our time) of every month from mattycollector.com

Instead of doing my first review on one of the figures, I have decided to review a couple of unofficial custom MOTUC accessories that I picked up on ebay a few months ago.

Viewing Table

This table is loosely based on the classic Filmation MOTU animated series. Considering it is a custom, it is really well done. The table has been made out of plastic is very light weight but it is still quite solid. The colours look fantastic and the paint application on the table itself has been done to give it a weathered look.

The dome has been painted with a red over black plastic. The paint application on this is somewhat streaky. I am not sure if that was just poor paint app of if it was done purposely to give the red dome a smoky look. If it was done on purpose it is a great addition.

Throne of Bones

This throne is also based on the classic Filmation series. It is also made out of the same plastic as the table and has the same weathered paint apps. The Throne of Bones is highly detailed and in my opinion looks way better than the Viewing Table. It looks mean and evil, especially with the horned skull which adorns the top of the throne. It also has a brown faux fur seat which really adds to the appeal.

The throne is selling for $28 and is way more value for money than the table which is selling for $35. I highly recommend the Throne of Bones if you have a Skeletor and want to display him a different way. But if you want the full effect of a Skeletor throne room then you also need to get the Viewing Table.

Both items are available from the same seller so postage can be combined. They are shipped with cardboard support so there is no damage to the pieces. The seller is thetoyshack

I hope I didn't bore you all too much. I will add more reviews of actual MOTUC product in the future (unless no one wants me to continue the reviews )