Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TW-T03: 3rd Party G1 Throttlebot - Chase

Default TW-T03: 3rd Party G1 Throttlebot - Chase

Toy World TW-T03 Trace up for grabs via Robotkingdom ($56) and Chimungmung ($55).

Not much news from in a while, but it looks like the third member of the not-Throttlebots is finally available for shipping (quite an impressive improvement from when Aurora's release date was pushed back due to the Chinese Golden Week). This availability seems isolated to the HK-based websites as BBTS and TFSource has yet to make the same update (as of this post).

Both websites have also added the below interesting images. Don't get too excited just yet, the tiny disclaimer on RK's image states that the fist comes from MMC (Feral Rex's gestalt fist).

Via Chimungmung:

Via RK:

I'll be happy enough for all six of these guys to be released, let alone combine!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Still not convinced they are a combiner despite popular perception.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Still not convinced they are a combiner despite popular perception.
    Despite the fact that those arm mode photos come directly from Toyworld's own website??

If you're right, then that would make them the biggest bunch of #%$^holes the planets has ever seen
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Despite the fact that those arm mode photos come directly from Toyworld's own website??

If you're right, then that would make them the biggest bunch of #%$^holes the planets has ever seen
    Are they or is it just the retailers doing it? Why would they need a Feral Rex fist and why don't any of the previous toy show any engineering that would be for combination?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Are they or is it just the retailers doing it? Why would they need a Feral Rex fist and why don't any of the previous toy show any engineering that would be for combination?
    As per my link, those photos are on Toyworld's website. And if they weren't doing a combiner, why would they perpetuate the myth by posting those pics? That doesn't make any sense.

Unless they're a bunch of tools of course.

But I have no idea why they aren't using their own fists, unless they only wan tot show finished products, which they aren't yet

I know I've seen leg and now arm pics, the only thing missing is the core body.

I think the reason why they're using FeralRex's fist is because they haven't designed one of their own. Since the the throttlebots don't originally have a gestalt form and its just Toyworld making it a gimmick so you'll buy them all.

I'm assuming Wide Load will act as the Long Haul and Goldbug will be the upper chest.

The thing is, if these figures really were meant to combine, I haven't seen them put a combiner part with any of the released figures. Does this mean they're going to release a combiner pack - head, hands, chest plate and feet plates - at the end release of every figure to most likely get more money by selling the combiner parts separate? Although they have said the figures have good QC I haven't bitten with any interest in getting one so far....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Yeah I don't really have any interest in these figures so whether they combine or not is inconsequential to me. While they do look nice I just cant get into them.

I'm pretty keen on them but Grind Rod is sold out everywhere and going up in price. Too late to start now!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I'm pretty keen on them but Grind Rod is sold out everywhere and going up in price. Too late to start now!
    I'm really surprised at those eBay scalper prices. A few months ago, Chimungmung sold Grind Rod and Aurora together for around $120 I believe.

Grind Rod's plastic quality feels noticeably better than Aurora and Hard Bone. I've just ordered Trace through Chimungmung, and will take plenty of pics when he arrives.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!