Page 6 of 481 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Nah it's quite easy. There are a few websites in Romania, Kazakhstan and Moldova. Of course, you have to pay. And sponsor the visa application...
    I've always quite liked shaadi.com...it gave me an idea for a great reality TV show. Must get onto that what with all the Indian student-bashings going on atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    thats all i ask casue my chick friends are useless because they dont have any other chick friends to introduce me to
    Yup. or else...
    Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    dude you are spot on with that! When I was single my female friends were absolutely useless. They either knew girls who were already attached or are too lazy/selfish to introduce me to their single friends, they weren't even that hot!
    My solution - which admittedly comes with a certain amount of risk - is to sleep with your friends. It can backfire royally, but for me at least it's worked pretty well. That said, a lot of my friends are hippie chicks so it probably won't work for everyone.
    If not, start hitting on them and/or their sisters (if they have them - their mum if you're especially daring) anyway - betcha they'll suddenly remember someone who'd be just perfect for you.
    Again, comes with the risk of losing friends so exercise caution.
    A lot of the people on these dating sites seem to just be...someone pretending to be someone else. I remember reading an article somewhere that a particular dating site had like 90% "fake"/fictitious users.
    Umm...If anyone sees a profile with a pic that looks suspiciously like Robin McGraw (Dr Phil's wife) maybe don't express interest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    If not, start hitting on them and/or their sisters (if they have them - their mum if you're especially daring) anyway - betcha they'll suddenly remember someone who'd be just perfect for you.

theres a dating site for female prison inmates they have a life sentence you just visit for 'those' meet ups then divorcce and go onto anohter one lol

I met my wife after chatting on ICQ, not that it's the story *she* tells people though! Strangely enough, my boss met his wife through some early internet dating site - difference being she travelled from the UK to do so!

Default Me and my lousy impatience...

KMart sales...I got Animated Shockwave for $50 (which I'd had budgeted for for a year or so), stupidly lost the receipt, got another one with decent paint for $40 and traded the first (a little underhanded sure, but KMart can afford to lose the $ more than me) for store credit to get some headphones (necessary), and now they're $35...If I'd been patient that'd be a saving of $15 - that's a 6-pack, or another Scout dammit.
    At least Dirt Boss and co. were better than the $13 they have going now, and I got the Movie 1 Barricade diorama for $21 instead of no-Frenzy Barricade for $23, but still...
    Boy am I glad I didn't import it for oodles and oodles.

EDIT - while we're (sort of) on the topic of online dating, this video from the Onion made me laugh.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 4th July 2009 at 02:25 PM.

And so just then I had no choice but to call my girlfriend up to tell her to pick up the roses from her work place!

Bloody heck! It totally ruined the surprise for her
    You lost the surprise, through no fault of your own. I bet you she loved the flowers and loved the thought, yes? And she didn't blame you for a confluence of events you couldn't have forseen either.

It's a minor irritant that you lost the surprise you wanted, but keep it in perspective. You did a nice thing for your lady, and I bet you she still loved it.

Actually, she still got a bunch of flowers that she wasn't expecting, so it was a different surprise from the one you planned, but still a surprise for her. Be happy!
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    You lost the surprise, through no fault of your own. I bet you she loved the flowers and loved the thought, yes? And she didn't blame you for a confluence of events you couldn't have forseen either.

It's a minor irritant that you lost the surprise you wanted, but keep it in perspective. You did a nice thing for your lady, and I bet you she still loved it.

Actually, she still got a bunch of flowers that she wasn't expecting, so it was a different surprise from the one you planned, but still a surprise for her. Be happy!
    Thanx buddy. Yeah it was all good in the end. She loved the roses.

Ever have those days at work that something goes wrong, then the whole day everything else goes wrong?
    Ever have those days that when this happens, you just want to take a sledgehammer to the walls?

I keep on getting static shocked by anything metal.
    I have broken at least 10 pens, stanley knife, nearly broke my stapler, and have a massive headache.

I just want to go home and enjoy a cold refreshing beer and forget about today and enjoy the thought that I dont have to come back until the following week and just unpack my boxes of Transformers and other sruff and set my new house up.

One thing I will dred is having to come in on tuesday to tell them that I will be leaving at the end of the month (providing I get this new job) otherwise I'm going to bonkers here and take everyone with me

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    If not, start hitting on them and/or their sisters (if they have them - their mum if you're especially daring) :
    I've got a real funny story about a similar experience... but I don't think I'll share it on a public board
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

damn not getting holidays when we're meant to be on holidays