Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just got my Encore Soundwave off the shelf for a play and dusting. I never realised chrome could ware off without play or contact. Oh well, I'm sure Takara will reissue him again so if it ever bothers me in the future that he's not mint I'll just pick up the 50 billionth reissue.
    If you have an original release MP Megatron check out his feet
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It is weird - my JP Ehobby reissue Insecticons have never been touched, and yet most of the shiny coating has disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just got my Encore Soundwave off the shelf for a play and dusting. I never realised chrome could ware off without play or contact. Oh well, I'm sure Takara will reissue him again so if it ever bothers me in the future that he's not mint I'll just pick up the 50 billionth reissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is weird - my JP Ehobby reissue Insecticons have never been touched, and yet most of the shiny coating has disappeared.
    Whaaaattt!!! Encore is not even that old....what did they draw on the chrome with a marker pen??

I looked it up on TFW's forum this morning, people complained years ago about MISB Encore Soundwave's with chrome wear. I'd guess it's a QC issue on the chrome.

Same with my TFC Bombshell, yet the other two are ok
    It's not like i run around the house re -enacting cartoon episodes either, they just stand there.

Megatran Guest

I was sorting through my empty TF boxes today & realised that when you stack the Asia Exclusive Seekers Aces box on top of the Asia Exclusive Seekers Elites box, the front of box picture joins like a jigsaw puzzle.

I found this out a couple of days ago, but I noticed I've been transforming Generations Kickback completely wrong. I've put the chest round the wrong way when transforming, so it ends up above the front. The reason I noticed this was because the claw/insect hand things wouldn't go into the square groove. I also didn't notice that the bottom of the torso in robot mode (the crotch area) could pivot, to allow the legs to sit flush in insect mode.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Ha great thread!

Man I had G1 Defensor's head mistransformed for a good year before I stumbled upon an ebay auction with a nice big clear photo of him. Didn't realise his head was meant to be rotated so it could sit properly on his upper body...

also I had no idea the Japanese/south east asian region were big on Transformers till after I joined these forums. Always thought they were a western thing
    Wow! I just did this for the first time! Thanks!

It's funny... I've played w/ other people's G1 Getaway figures plenty of times, but it wasn't until I finally got my own and placed him on my 1988 Autobots shelf that I realised that he's substantially taller than Joyride and Slapdash. Bomp.

While updating the 2013 checklist, I just found out that there were actually two pairs of non-convertible TFPrime toys (Bumblebee & Optimus).
    I came across these monstrosities in Melbourne Habourtown's Toyworld last month. Almost batted them away because they looked so much like KO's, but took a photo because of their Hasbro licence.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!