Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KO Menasor

Have both KO and real Springer and face is the same. KO actualy has Diecast parts too unlike my Hasbro one.

You do know what Hasbro would do if they stop the good KO people? They would storm in destroy the stock and take the moulds.....Then in about a year Oh look Hasbro are doing reissue Dinobots! Wow I wonder how they got new moulds But they would stuff them first by including modern safety standards life of giant missiles etc.

They are almost the same thing and closer than the Hasbro ones are to being perfect. I get them and then store away my originals. I have all of G1 but sometimes i worry about touching them. This way I have no worries about that

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Have both KO and real Springer and face is the same. KO actualy has Diecast parts too unlike my Hasbro one.

You do know what Hasbro would do if they stop the good KO people? They would storm in destroy the stock and take the moulds.....Then in about a year Oh look Hasbro are doing reissue Dinobots! Wow I wonder how they got new moulds But they would stuff them first by including modern safety standards life of giant missiles etc.

They are almost the same thing and closer than the Hasbro ones are to being perfect. I get them and then store away my originals. I have all of G1 but sometimes i worry about touching them. This way I have no worries about that
    Well terrible may be a bit of an overstatement he looks a bit 'sick'

I'm guessing you have either the later release springer or a classic resissue for your original springer as the first run he did indeed have a metal chest in the first run. This one is a lot more desirable - it took me a long time to get one in decent condition.

Well Both my Springers look a bit sick (As in a bit green in the face )

As much as I like the Die Cast it does make the sucker a little top heavy.

Hmmm ive only seen once a metal Springer.... not a fan of the paint chipping though, but as VERT says, its kinda top heavy... prone to keel over. Still there's not a lot of em out there, all the ones Ive seen most of the time are all plastic. Mine's all plastic too.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Hmmm ive only seen once a metal Springer.... not a fan of the paint chipping though, but as VERT says, its kinda top heavy... prone to keel over. Still there's not a lot of em out there, all the ones Ive seen most of the time are all plastic. Mine's all plastic too.
    Yeah first run metal chest usually goes for about $20 extra for those in the know, just like the blue eared cyclonus, metal toe hot rod, rubber wheel ultra magnus/metroplex etc etc all nice if you can source them, the issue with springer is all those 'classics' that flooded australia back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Damn that looks so real. Gotta think about it though, why are they making deadend and wildrider all of a sudden?

As for telling apart, the minty-ess of it should be a givaway. Plus did they do the other vehicle weapons too or not?
    I have come across minty loose figures which were most certainly G1 originals so 'mintyness' is not a sure way to tell.

I have a severely chipped metal chested springer junker.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have a severely chipped metal chested springer junker.
    Hmm I'm guessing your keeping this with the prospect of fixing it to its glory day huh? or because it is a variant?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hmm I'm guessing your keeping this with the prospect of fixing it to its glory day huh? or because it is a variant?
    I keep it primarily for the chest. I wish to one day paint it properly but I need to know the original color of the chest including how shiny it may be since this one has very worn paint.

it looks like canary yellow to me. I only saw it once - pic I have aint any help though, but it looks a bit lighter than the plastic yellow...

just zoom in hehhe