Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF6 Bumblebee stand-alone film (2018) production news

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TF6 Bumblebee stand-alone film (2018) production news

According to Deadline.com, the Bumblebee stand-alone film has had Travis Knight reported as director. Knight, whose recent film "Kubo and the Two Strings" has been winning acclaim recently including an Oscar nomination for Best Animated Feature.

Original article here: http://deadline.com/2017/03/bumblebe...gs-1202034882/

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Interesting choice.

After reading his wiki I'm confused as to why he was picked. He's nothing like Bay.

Having said that, Hoo-bloody-Ray! A director that isn't Bay! At least he can't be any worse
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I really enjoyed Kubo and the Two Strings. I'm cautiously optimistic for the Bumblebee spin off film now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really enjoyed Kubo and the Two Strings. I'm cautiously optimistic for the Bumblebee spin off film now.
    Same. But I hope to God this film won't kick me in the feels like Kubo did.

Right in the feels was what was so great about Kubo and something that has been utterly lacking in the Bay-directed TF films! I'd rather have a movie that made me care too much about the characters than too little.

Isn't bay still exective producer?

An early promo poster at the Licensing Expo on in America this week, for the Bumblebee movie... so, nothing revealing, as it just has a big Bumblebee head and the release month.
    It includes a "Transformers Universe" logo on it though, which could be a temporary thing for this promo poster, or something Hasbro will be featuring on their future Transformers movies (because when you start including numbers beyond 4 or 5 it makes the concept look tired and old... most sequels do worse than the first movie, and more so with later sequels).
    Besides, focusing on the titles rather than the numbers makes it easier to remember the different movies, especially when you have the next few so close to each other... you need investors and retailers to distinguish between them when they are currently dealing with things that are a year or two away.

Filming is set to begin in August for the sixth movie, and there was a tease of it including a VW Bug... but could just be like the first movie, or a brief in-joke if Bumblebee takes on a few different disguises.

Apparently Actress Hailee Steinfeld is signed on for this movie.... who at the age of just 20 already has an extensive acting resume and list of awards.

Looks like filming begins this month, for a movie that won't be released for another 12 months (June 22nd 2018). I guess they want to give themselves more time to fix problems in post-production, and not run out of time to do reshoots or edits if test audiences don't like it.

(I don't think Michael Bay ever did test audience screenings, at least, I never heard of one, as it was always being noted that he had just finished right before its release... and some people are claiming that they noticed some TF5 edits done in the two days between the advance screenings and the general release - which could be possible at some theatres, particularly in America)

It is worth noting, that no matter how bad TF5 does, this sixth movie is going ahead, and would need something really drastic to happen for it to be canned. It may see some scaling back of its scale and budget, but in one year's time we should be seeing this movie on screens here, and a whole new batch of Movie toys, which would already be well into production at the Hasbro and TakaraTomy designer offices.

Halie has posted an image of one of an empty open space, saying that she is checking out the filming site. Probably just a car park or a practice area for the stunt drivers who will be driving Bumblebee.