Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comixology Transformers digital comics sale

If only the exchange rate wasn't so poor, I'd get some more

So i thought id purchase a bunch of CW and MTMTE and RID issues taking advantage of the sale. Also going to QLD for hols in a week so thought i could catch up on some reading at night when the kids are in bed :P

So.....the new comics were bought in the IDW app. I read them in comixology as it has guided view (IDW and Transformers app no longer support this feature which sucks)

I went to download them in comixology.....no new purchases present?....

Emailed Comixology. Explained the situation.

this is the response

Customer:
    Subject: Mail from the comiXology website: A bug or error
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat | SEP 10, 2015 | 06:50PM EDT

Hi,

The IDW and Transformers apps are no longer powered by Comixology, so purchases
    there will not appear in our apps. Sorry about that.
    - Pat

It all just seems a little too hard to me. Am i wrong? am i missing something?

All i want is to purchase and read the comics digitally with guided view feature that im used to and have been using for years.

Do i just buy every issue physically again?

You'r not missing anything. There's plently of unhappy digital comic readers since IDW went and launched their own app.

I've not purchased a new TF comic digitally since the swap. Was going to look into on the weekend to pick up some of the RID issues I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You'r not missing anything. There's plently of unhappy digital comic readers since IDW went and launched their own app.
    Count me in the unhappy camp. I don't use guided view so no issue here but I find that the app is just a mess. I had quite a number of TF comics loaded up to the old TF Comixology app when I was about to go overseas in June only to find out they were all gone when the switch happened. Had to download a heap of TF comics the night before I left which was a chore in itself. Still haven't caught up on my reading with RID and MTMTE even though they are sitting somewhere in the IDW TF app...

yeah I dis-like the new IDW app and have mentioned it numerous times on twitter

I don't think IDW listen

its poorly set up and bad layout and just a zoom feature... it was a huuuge step backwards in digital reading in my opinion...

the physical comics are getting expensive now as well IDW are always a higher priced product but when marvel etc include free digital download with purchase I find IDW is slowly slipping behind the times.. and like Paul I haven't purchased a new comic since they switched, same as I have stopped using comixology when they removed in app purchase.. mostly all I use now is the marvel app

cut my comic purchase down by 85% as comixology I would pick up a lot of older cheaper titles to check out and some of the obscure titles I just couldn't be bothered buying physically..

both changes have been disappointing for me
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I just had all my comics in their place in the old IDW app, it had a user friendly store which was so simple to navigate, and there was virtually no 'work' involved in reading the comics thanks to guided view.

Now its a mess.

If its all a marketing strategy to get me to not buy comics digitally its going to work eventually. Im struggling with it all....

Small sale on a few TF comic collections till 21st Jan. Vol 1 of MTMTE, RID and All Hail Megatron on sale.

https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Disco...Z2VDYXJvdXNlbA

For the month of Feb, Comixology/IDW have a large trades sale for their core properties: TFs, GI Joe, TMNT and Ghostbusters.

https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Deep-...&list9941_pg=2

If you've been thinking of checking out some TF comics, great time to do so now.

If you like Windblade well there are some collections on sale now with IDW's Summer Sale.

On offer is a Combiner Wars collection, 2 Windblade collections, a couple of Prime Beast Hunters trades and a RID trade. Also the first 2 issues of Till All Are One are US$0.99 each.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...List12845_pg=2

Looks to be a line wide sale on IDW titles at Comixology for 50% off when you apply the code IDW at checkout. There are some exclusions like not applying to bundles and latest releases but the code will work up to issue 56 for MTMTE for example.

To save more, check out the post by Paulbot on the HumbleBundle and pick up those books even cheaper and use this sale to get the more recent stuff and others.

Sale ends on the 17th Oct (US date I believe)