Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4353585960616263

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Got issue 99 (which is also vol 99) today - although it’s been at the post office a while just hadn’t been logged in at the post office so I didn’t receive a notice.

It came with an updated invoice listing the four issues on back order (per my last post) and that 99 was now delivered. Three to go.

For anyone still missing some outstanding issues and you are on facebook, try posting on their fb page here, as they have popped up to talk about how reliable they are (noting the collapse of a rival - Eaglemoss), and have already been replying to people who have noted an incomplete set.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm well behind thanks to losing my job 2 years ago. Last issue I have is 64 (although I should re-buy that one thanks to the store putting a boxcutter through the cover).

What's the best way to finish off the collection, back at the agents or directly?

I would think ebay or fansites in the UK would be your best chance getting that many now.
    It was over a year and a half ago since they stopped printing them and shipping them out to UK subscribers, and almost 12 months since they finished sending out the last issue to subscribers here (August last year). As such, I don't think they would even have any old stock left on-hand... unless they were planning to re-launch to America next year now that IDW are losing the license at the end of the year (which would have prevented them from selling this UK edition in that country at that time).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Got issue 99 (which is also vol 99) today - although it�s been at the post office a while just hadn�t been logged in at the post office so I didn�t receive a notice.

It came with an updated invoice listing the four issues on back order (per my last post) and that 99 was now delivered. Three to go.
    Nearly 8 months later - I just received two more books. Was not expecting that.

One was a second copy of issue/vol 99 (if any one needs that one let me know) and one was a copy of issue73/volume56.

Thanks to Vairn earlier this year I have a copy of issue71/volume77

So now I am just book short of the whole set - issue75/volume70 "Punishment"

Maybe it is still going to come!? I did send a message via their Facebook page a few weeks ago that might have prompted movement.

I got the last volume I was missing too which was vol 99.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Well I didn't expect this...!

Today I received issue71/volume77 "Dissolution" in the mail from Hachette, one of the two issues they hadn't sent me.

Last time I got books was August 2022; so a nearly 11 month gap, and that was after an 8 months gap.

So maybe my last missing book issue75/volume70 "Punishment" will arrive some day!

I had got a copy of issue71/volume77 "Dissolution" from Vairn so now I have a spare, if anyone needs it let me know!

That is such bad luck that it wasn't the one that you were still missing.
    I haven't had much luck with finding volume 70 for you either, from English sources, so hopefully this means that they are still intending to fulfill their obligation to you, eventually.
    I wonder where they dug up that issue from after all this time.

Thanks for trying! When I picked up the delivery I did have my fingers crossed it would be that last volume.

It doesn't seem impossible that they may send it to me in the future now, but I'm working on a workaround that I'll be sharing here once it's ready for feedback.