View Poll Results: POTP LDR Rodimus Unicronus - worth buying?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 80.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

2 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - POTP LDR Evolution Rodimus Unicronus

Default Toy Review - POTP LDR Evolution Rodimus Unicronus

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

RODIMUS UNICRONUS
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - redeco
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (Asia & America FEB 2018)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$90) US$50
    Approximate Size - 30cm?
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Sports Car / truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Small robot combines with trailer to form bigger robot
    Main Colours - Black, purple, grey
    Main Accessories - 2-part gun, black matrix

I thought I would just be interested in Unicronus, but Nemesis Hot Rod looks damn cool as well! So does his alt-mode, I'd say the only mode that doesn't wow me is Rodimus Unicronus' Winnebago mode as there is too much black. Still well worth a pick up though - especially if you can find him on sale!

For lots more pics and info read my review of Rodimus Unicronus here

Very impressed with Rodimus Unicronus. The colour scheme overcomes the two tone arms and shoulders that Rodimus Prime suffered. The tampos on the chests and bonnet are bright and vibrant. The black colour scheme, while a little full on, does a great job of covering any flaws in the mold.

The stickers are still a let down, but seem to be slightly less off-putting on a black background than a red one. The biggest gripe I probably have is that while the Rodimus Unicronus has a great evil mo', Hot Rod Unicronus doesn't.

I do wonder at what point they decided to release all of the Power of the Primes leader class figures in black, and how they decided which one would get the main line release and which two would be exclusives.

Finalised my layby on him tonight. I like it, I only wish his vehicle mode had some ports to plug prime master weapon modes into

Glad I held out for this one instead of leaping for Rodimus Prime. So without further ado I'm going to make a comparison between R. Prime, Unicronus and the two leader class OPs from the Cybertron series.

1. Unicronus is better than R. Prime (POTP) for the fact that this is not an everyday variation. The black colour scheme is better and the usage of tribal decals is better than the hot rod flame decals.

2. When compared to the two Cybertron OPs, the standard leader class uses the usual red, blue and grey colour scheme which is less impressive than the black, red and grey of the Galaxy Force OP.

3. Both Unicronus and R. Prime have a standard robot mode and a battle robot mode. They both have a standard alt. mode (car) and a battle alt. mode (Winnebago).

4. Both the Cybertron OPs have standard and battle robot modes. Both have a standard alt. mode (truck with flatbed trailer) and battle alt. mode (truck with fully equipped trailer).

Overall what sets the OPs apart from R. Prime and Unicronus is that variation can be achieved in their battle modes such as the fold out wings and guns and furthermore in battle robot mode you can arrange the two main guns over the shoulders or under the arms and let's not forget they're combiners. The OP's have greater poseability and stability so one can see why they are ranked amongst the best OPs if not greatest Transformers ever. I'm sure when Siege leader OP is released this will become apparent.

It's the randy macho man savage TF you need in your collection.

I like mine, I think he looks awesome in black and that face sculpt is so unique.

I got Rodimus Unicronus on sale a few weeks ago. He looks good with Titans Return Sky Shadow, Combiner Wars Leader Megatron and the Combiner Wars Decepticons Bruticus and Menasor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    I got Rodimus Unicronus on sale a few weeks ago. He looks good with Titans Return Sky Shadow, Combiner Wars Leader Megatron and the Combiner Wars Decepticons Bruticus and Menasor.
    Sky Shadow is ideally suited as a scout/spy for Rodimus Unicronus. The other two can act as the muscle.

Heh, I still found this toy shelfwarming just yesterday at Toymate

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh, I still found this toy shelfwarming just yesterday at Toymate
    I'd pick him up if he was $40 like the Skyshadows that I see every time I visit a Toymate, but at 80 quid, nah.