Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Major US & UK Transformers conventions

It will be interesting to see how they run it and what the response/attendance will be like without it being officially sanctioned. I don't think they can hope to compete with TFCon.

I can't see you going Griffin?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I wouldn't be going all the way over there for it, as it sounds very small. Even though it will draw out a few familiar faces from the BotCon community, I think that with Pete running it (and having his name on it), there will probably be a lot of the FunPub haters who won't go anywhere near it, just because of him being one of the faces of that business.
    Now if the Hartmans were involved... it would be more of a drawcard for fans.

It looks like there will be a lot of cool stuff to see, I would like to attend. but Alas, I have other priorities
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Voice Actor Neil Ross will be a guest at the American TFCon in October.
    Neil Ross voiced Gen1 Springer, Slag, Bonecrusher and Hook (and a few other minor characters).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Pete Sinclair (from FunPublications and 3H), is hosting his own "Robot Convention" this year, to fill the void left by BotCon.

It will be in Cincinnati on the weekend of June 23-24, which is where BotCon 2008 was held, and is near where Pete lives.
    Since it is a fan-run event that doesn't involve Hasbro, it will just be a regular convention that will focus on dealers and fan presentations, including Pete's collection of rarities and pre-production items.

It sounds like fellow FunPub contributor Jesse Wittenrich will also be involved, as he has been posting up some images of what to expect at the convention, including various unused toy concept ideas, like "Nightbeat from Prime Smokescreen, Crosshairs from Generations Sergeant Kup, Brainstorm from Universe Cyclonus, and Triggerhappy from Fall of Cybertron Starscream".
    Another announcement for this convention has them doing a presentation panel of unused BotCon concepts (probably the same presentation that they did at BotCon 2015), including a look at what would have been this year's BotCon set. One figure is revealed on the advertisement, being Actionmaster Skyfall from the Titans Return Highbrow mould.
    Plus, one lucky pre-registered attendee will win the mockup set, including the mockup box.
    Looks like the termination of the BotCon license was either quite sudden, or FunPub were planning ahead a couple years at a time, and were shown future toys well before they were released.

Pete has revealed another two figures from what was going to be the BotCon 2017 boxset, with Voyager TR Optimus coloured to look like the Actionmaster truck for AM Optimus, and Actionmaster Sprocket (from Deluxe Triggerhappy), who would have a Titanmaster vehicle/accessory coloured to look like the Attack Cruiser vehicle that came with the original AM Sprocket.
    He's also giving away a custom painted Titanmaster head that would have been one of the BotCon exclusives, but he hasn't said who it is meant to be, and I can't be sure who it is either.

The robot mode of the extra head seems to me to be clearly Pretender Starscream shell, but why the weird face I don't know
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    The robot mode of the extra head seems to me to be clearly Pretender Starscream shell, but why the weird face I don't know
    Pretender Starscream was my first thought too, but it didn't make sense... and wrong size... unless it's FunPub comic scale in that the shells are human size, and I think the Titanmasters are human size in the comics.

Those look sweet More custom ideas for me
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Alec Willows (voice of Tarantulas) will be at the Canadian TFCon in July... which will be a nice treat for fans who were hoping to see him at BotCon last year (he had to cancel at the last minute).

And Hal Rayle (voice of Gen1 Snarl & Shrapnel) will be at the UK TFNation convention in August.

Simon Furman is confirming his attendance at the UK TFNation convention in August... which isn't too much of a surprise, as he attends most of the TFs conventions in England.