Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Blackarachnia

Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Note: sharing the link to provide a source, not endorsing the site.

One store has her available for preorder $199.99usd, so about $283aud.

https://collecticontoys.com/products...-46-blackwidow

Note: sharing the link to provide a source, not endorsing the site.

Ignore this seller -- they put up an insanely-priced listing for MP-44 when it first was revealed, then dialled back the price when the official RRP was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Ignore this seller -- they put up an insanely-priced listing for MP-44 when it first was revealed, then dialled back the price when the official RRP was announced.
    Ah, in that case fair enough.
    So hopefully the price will be closer to $200aud than $300aud!

Ahem.
    Glass of water for that cough?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Glass of water for that cough?
    Please!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Given what I've seen with my LG Blackarachnia I doubt MP Blackarachnia is a partsformer. They did an amazing job remoulding Animated Blackarachnia into S1 BW Blackarachnia. Being able to make a larger more complex figure reduces the need for parts forming further.
    Fingers crossed, however looking at Bumblebees backpack, I find it difficult that they can get rid of that abdomen?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I wouldn't disregard them that much. Bumblebee is on preorder for $137.90+GST - less than $15 less than Cordon ex-GST. I'd count on this figure being far closer to $300 than $200 on preorder.

Also I call BS on this tech-jump/price-jump argument. Cordon is in the exact same technology jump bracket as Bumblebee and co and Bumblebee is practically the same price as it.

A more likely explanation for the cost situation and why we're likely to be just as rorted on BA as every other upcoming MP release, is that the loss of the Pokémon license to Bandai did such a number on TT that much like a drowning person who tries to stay afloat by dragging the closest person down with them, TT are bleeding lines like Transformers dry, in a panicked, floundering effort to stay afloat.

Heck, Takara have given Siege Jetfire, a figure whose Hasbro release has an RRP of $79.99USD, a Japanese RRP of $238.68AUD, or to compare apples and apples, $170.22 USD. To run the sums the Japanese RRP is 112% more than the US RRP for the exact same figure!

If I'm right, the pricing of the Masterpiece line isn't being done rationally, but reactionarily and it is only going to get worse until something gives out - which sadly could very well be the Masterpiece line itself before things improve.

People need to stop pretending these price hikes by Takara are even remotely fair, reasonable or rational and are anything other that Takara charging ridiculous prices to suck their customers dry in a desperate attempt to stay afloat.

This current pricing trend is nothing but blatant exploitation by Takara of its customer base. To support it and justify it given the current state of play, is not only an act of enabling bad behaviour, but an act of blatant masochism.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The problem is, while any of this could be true... once the price goes up and people pay it, it won't go down again.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    The problem is, while any of this could be true... once the price goes up and people pay it, it won't go down again.
    Hence why the word "enabling" was deliberately chosen.

Galvatran Guest

Does this mean we'll be getting a wrist-rest mousepad?