Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siege Star Convoy and Armada Convoy revealed.

Default Siege Star Convoy and Armada Convoy revealed.

There are two grey prototypes of some upcoming Siege toys at Wonder Con that I think nobody expected, Star Convoy and Armada Convoy.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/09/...nd-more-382433
    Last edited by griffin; 10th February 2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added in mirrored image from link

I'm heavily into that Armada Prime.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

bowspearer Guest

Not sure how I feel about Star Convoy unless they figured out a base mode with the trailer and the cab is a completely new mould to work as a base section rather than robot.

FatalityPitt Guest

Looking at the chest of Star Convoy, I think it might actually be a retool of PotP Optimus Prime. Looks pretty cool

Star Convoy looks great, but the killer for me will be the base mode. Will it have one? Original Star convoy's robot was heavily compromised by the base mode, so in a way, the base mode is very important here. I wonder what they'll do with the Orion bot as well? Evolution Optimus into Star Convoy (sic\nce SC was supposed to be resurrected G1 Convoy)

Armada Convoy, though, yes yes yes. Hope he has a trailer for power pants mode, but that robot mode is looking SAWEET. Looks like the groin can split in half too....

You’d think they retool/paint the car Micromasters from Siege into Hot Rod and Sparkplug? Swindler could become Hot Rod very easily.

Armada Prime is the first retail TF that I’m genuinely interested in in years. I really hope he lives up to the hype.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Star Convoy I just love. I remember reading some speculation that there'd be a Star Convoy remould from PotP Optimus, but then nothing came of it. I can't see how it could make a base mode though, unless its partforming and there's something not shown. I really couldn't care less though. I have the original Star Convoy if I want a base, and the robot mode looks bad-ass.

I'm not sure what to make of the Armada Optimus Prime. I love all things Armada, so its bought, but I can't see any mini-con ports and there's no spark plug. To me Armada was all about mini-con power ups, and I can't see anywhere to place minicons except on the gun (looks like one minicon port there).
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Looking at the chest of Star Convoy, I think it might actually be a retool of PotP Optimus Prime. Looks pretty cool
    I didn't notice that til you mentioned it. At first glance I just assumed it was another Siege Optimus remould.

Since Star Convoy is a JP G1 figure I'll pick this remake of him up just to fill the spot in my CHUG G1 collection, but I think they could have done a better job with the design.

Armada Convoy is a maybe for me as I'm actually still really happy with the Deluxe class Optimus from the original Armada toy line.

Armada Prime looks really good but will look funny against the recent Armada Megatron.

Hopefully all this will lead to a Energon Megatron