Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Challenge for Cybertron Galvatron - really loose chest, making it difficult to have the robot head stay up.

Challenge for Cybertron Rodimus - missing grey paint app on left shoulder.

Decepticon Guest

Powercore Combiner Mudslinger. His arm basiclly fell off due to the screw in type balljoint which was loose. replaced with another which is fine............but too scared to move him too much

Okay, time to post QC issues of the new Unicron.

Firstly, the the teeth in planet mode don't mesh together like they should, they are spike to spike rather than spike to groove. A bit silly. Maybe someone out there has the opposite to me and we can switch.

Secondly, his waist plate on both sides keep popping off with the slightest of touches. I fixed the one that was the worst, but the other one is still a tad loose.

Thirdly, the chest firing mechanism doesn't actually fire when the minicon is used in his back, it doesn't move out far enough.

Fourthly, his wings are really loose and flop around. As in they slide alll over the place back and forth, instead of staying in the one place whn you move him.

Fifthly, the minicon sits really loose on his peg in Unicron planet mode.

I'll bring him along to the meet tomorrow and show what I mean. I'll also take some photos tonight.

But these QC facts aside, he is still an absolute awesome figure.

I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I have nearly all the same problem. Only one waist plate has popped off twice, but now that I'm aware, I've been able to avoid it.

And yes, similar to you, even with these issues, I love the figure. I have no intention of transforming him too much. It's a pretty poor alt mode and an un-gratifying transformation, so I'm happy for him to dominate the universe at the back of my glass cabinet in robot mode instead.
    He will stay in robot mode once I transform him back. And a solution to the waist problem, I unscrewed the grey part because it wasn't sitting flush with the rest of the piece. Shaved a bit off to make it fit better, then snapped it into place when I screwed it back on. Now it's pretty tight.

The wings are loose on the Armada version too - but they can stay in place if you position them (and the shell kibble) in a certain way. I never experienced any of those other issues you mentioned with my Armada Unicron though, so it sounds like there's been loss of quality with this new version - possibly through mould degradation (remembering that this would be the fourth use of the Unicron mould now).

I had a issue with my Deluxe animated Bumblebee. The windscreen kibble on the back of one his legs would pop of at the slightest touch.

Kind of glad my wife bought me the The Legacy of Bumblebee 3 pack and the one in the pack was fine..

I don't have that problem with mine. Did you get this toy recently (in multilingual packaging) or did you get it ages ago (in monolingual English packaging)?

My Animated Voyager Optimus has really loose shoulders. Is there a way to fix this? Is this something really common?

My TFC Megatron has a similar issue. He can't really support the weight of his cannon. I'm assuming this is because of the age of the figure. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't have that problem with mine. Did you get this toy recently (in multilingual packaging) or did you get it ages ago (in monolingual English packaging)?
    I bought it when they first came out.It came in the monolingual English packaging....I nearly didn't buy the rest of the series because of it, because I thought if this was the quality control, i wasn't going to buy the rest..but I gave in and bought the rest.
    Bumblebee was the first one I bought from the series and its the only one I've ever had a problem with from the animated series...