Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LG-EX Big Powered (Dai Atlas, Roadfire, Sonic Bomber) revealed

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Enjoy!

Fan-made English dub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNiPa92rao

Japanese with English Subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8hBgYCJzkI
    Okay well, that was fairly...... hmmm. "Late 80's writers tired of Transformers but still hanging on for dear life" is probably best how it felt to me.

But it hasn't dissuaded me from the LG-EX toys I don't think!

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Okay well, that was fairly...... hmmm. "Late 80's writers tired of Transformers but still hanging on for dear life" is probably best how it felt to me.
    It's not much better or worse than The Rebirth Part 1. Basically a last ditch effort to advertise the respective year's toys. Yeah, Zone had more desperation, but don't forget that Transformers was in more dire straits in 1990 as opposed to 1987. At least they made a cartoon... we had nothing except for the Marvel Comics over here (which was still really good, but it would've been nice to also have had a cartoon).

Ultimately you can blame the people who stopped buying Transformers. Lack of toy sales = lack of associated media.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    They wanted to try something new. They've given us a convoy of Optimus-like leaders.
    I see what you did there

I rather like the robot mode of Dai Atlus and just his name alone is pretty cool. He might get along well with BayPrime in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    They've released a full set of high-quality images of all three components now in both alt and robot modes:

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Big Powered Robot and Alternate Modes, Color Images, TakaraTomyMall Pre-order - Via Seibertron.com

I'm very impressed with what they've done with those three Titans Return toys, to make them replicate the robot modes and vehicle modes of the original Big Powered toys. (just not their base modes though, which they could have left out... but fans probably would have complained about them not being included).
    It is being noted as being a 3-pack to be released in March for 15,000yen (about au$190)... but conditional of minimum pre-orders being reached.

Being a TakaraTomyMall exclusive might make it harder to meet the minimum pre-orders, as the last one (exclusive pretender shell for Grand Maximus) failed it's minimum, and it was a TTM exclusive too.*

(* exclusive to TTM in Japan - they get a general release in Asia from Hasbro Hong Kong, but can still be limited / hard to find if you don't pre-order it)

So for the uninitiated, what happens if the pre-orders don't get reached? Us fine folk get our money back and we cry over what might have been?

I would think they'd reach their number for this. They are good lookin heavy retools for the most part, worth the money imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I would think they'd reach their number for this. They are good lookin heavy retools for the most part, worth the money imo.
    Agreed 100% so I breathed heavily and preordered just now

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I rather like the robot mode of Dai Atlus and just his name alone is pretty cool.
    Agreed. For those who may not know, the word "Dai" comes from the Chinese word for "Great" and "Atlas" comes from the Greek word for "to bear" or "to endure." So "Dai Atlas" means, "The Great Bearer (of the Heavens)."

IDW put a different spin on it, saying that the word "Dai" is a corruption of the Latin word "Dei," which of course means "god," and uses "atlas" in its modern English meaning (i.e. collection of maps), and thus "Dei Atlas" is supposed to be "the God Map." Yeah, it's kinda clunky and requires the audience to swallow a really big suspension of disbelief pill, especially considering that this all relates to tales told in Ancient Cybertronian. But hey, nice try.

Sure beats calling him Scattor.

Agreed. For those who may not know, the word "Dai" comes from the Chinese word for "Great" and "Atlas" comes from the Greek word for "to bear" or "to endure." So "Dai Atlas" means, "The Great Bearer (of the Heavens)."
    For some reason the old "The Burden Hardest To Bear" immediately came to mind when I read this. But for ol'Murdermous Prime, it's not a burden at all!

IDW put a different spin on it, saying that the word "Dai" is a corruption of the Latin word "Dei," which of course means "god," and uses "atlas" in its modern English meaning (i.e. collection of maps), and thus "Dei Atlas" is supposed to be "the God Map." Yeah, it's kinda clunky and requires the audience to swallow a really big suspension of disbelief pill, especially considering that this all relates to tales told in Ancient Cybertronian. But hey, nice try.

Sure beats calling him Scattor.
    Wait, Scattor?

Big Powered was also on display at the Japanese Wonder Festival that was on this weekend... and it's looking good.
    (the resculpting and recolouring is making these look more like original toys than a reuse of existing toys)