Page 118 of 154 FirstFirst ... 98108113114115116117118119120121122123128138 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I read the book. Then wandering around Big W I saw the dvd and was like "They made a movie?" So instantly bought. Watched it and thought it was crap. This version however, worth the 70 odd bucks I paid for it. Though the BD disc I think is coded incorrectly and doesn't wanna play. At least it came with the DVD version too. I've had this set for years unable to watch until I bought a new player the other day

Tbh I haven't seen any Hellraisers yet, on my to watch list. Wonder why your parents didn't have issue with you watching them lol
    Haven't read Cabal AKA Nightbreed but I'm impressed there's a director's cut.
    Although I wish The Great and Secret Show would be made into a movie because Weaveworld certainly won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Haven't read Cabal AKA Nightbreed but I'm impressed there's a director's cut.
    There's been a bootleg labelled the "Cabal Cut" been floating around for some time which included alot of deleted footage that was found. Once the original footage was found, Clive gave the go ahead to remaster it and do a proper release

Love how Hans Zimmer integrates the varied sound of a ticking clock/s into this movie. It's not the first time he's done it, he also did it for The Joker's theme in The Dark Knight.
    If you, or anyone else for that matter, have Netflix, and are a fan of Hans Zimmer, they have recently released a live concert called “Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague” where Hans performs some of his most famous scores with a full live orchestra. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the music in movies or just music in general really. Absolutely stellar performances. Oh and don’t forget to crank it up loud
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    If you, or anyone else for that matter, have Netflix, and are a fan of Hans Zimmer, they have recently released a live concert called “Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague” where Hans performs some of his most famous scores with a full live orchestra. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the music in movies or just music in general really. Absolutely stellar performances. Oh and don’t forget to crank it up loud
    I forked out $140 to see Hans Zimmer live at Rod Laver Arena last year and it's like no other concert I've experienced. He's the best composer and the only composers that come close to him are a duo called Two Steps From Hell.

I forked out $140 to see Hans Zimmer live at Rod Laver Arena last year and it's like no other concert I've experienced. He's the best composer and the only composers that come close to him are a duo called Two Steps From Hell.
    If it was anything like this one in Prague then it was money well spent!. Totally agree he is one of the best composers going round and is responsible for so many of the memorable favourites.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    If it was anything like this one in Prague then it was money well spent!. Totally agree he is one of the best composers going round and is responsible for so many of the memorable favourites.
    Just checked out the trailer for the Live in Prague DVD/Bluray and that's enough to tell me what I got at Rod Laver Arena is like what Hans gave to Prague. Any differences would have to be trivial.

Just watched John Wick 2. Not quite as good as the first but still mighty entertaining.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Just watched John Wick 2. Not quite as good as the first but still mighty entertaining.
    Same here, is becoming a bit repetitive for me and he looks cornered soon with everyone hunting him all because of rules he has to break.
    Still beats The Last Jedi for me any day though.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Same here, is becoming a bit repetitive for me and he looks cornered soon with everyone hunting him all because of rules he has to break.
    Still beats The Last Jedi for me any day though.
    The fight choreography is definitely better than The Last Jedi.

Recently saw 12 Strong and loved it so much I need to read the book. Last time I watched a movie and then read the book was with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.