Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumblebee Movie advance screenings in Australia DEC 14-16

Looks like Brisbane also had a preview screening, but not as early as the other three cities. Instead of Sunday 9th, it was on Wednesday 12th (last night).
    It wasn't listed on the Event website when I looked on the 6th (when I posted the info in the first posting of this topic)... because that's how I noticed that my nearest cinema wasn't showing it this weekend... so I don't know how these people knew about the session (the people in the photos look fairly well dressed, so maybe it was through a competition, or a loyalty program).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Private preview screenings usually aren’t advertised or promoted until afterwards. They don’t want the public there.

Shame that Hasbro reps didn’t get in touch
    Yep, but I've come to understand that Paramount don't need to care about marketing to the dedicated fans, because they know that we will (mostly) go to see it anyway... so why waste resources and money on us fans and get no extra bums on seats, when they can be targeting "celebrities" who will have more social media followers to do free publicity for the movie, as well as the regular media who can reach heaps of ordinary people (non-fans) who might otherwise not have gone to see the movie.
    It sucks to not be told about it, or even have some of us fans invited to add that element of atmosphere to the audience... but I do get why.

The people at the perth screening seem to be twitch streamers, vloggers etc like a collection of media and social media. People of the "industry".