Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Terrorcons.
    Hungrr in MP10 size & the limbs in the MP car size

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece inferno.. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And sunstreaker! What would you guys want?
    TRUKK NOT ANT!

We need MP G1 Inferno so he can throw MP Smokescreen out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece inferno.. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And sunstreaker! What would you guys want?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Actually he's always been at the top of my 'wish list' for a masterpiece as well. Inferno has always been by far my fav figure from the 1985 Autobot Cars just for the size, detail and play value

Plus as a character he was just cool

For a second though I would have to say Warpath
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    TRUKK NOT ANT!

Ah! I need to pay more attention as I didn't read the Beast Wars bit, I thought it was G1 Inferno being referred to.

BW Inferno - no fraggin way! I agreee with Paulbot - we need a Masterpiece G1 Inferno . Zero interest in a giant ant

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    BW Inferno - no fraggin way! I agreee with Paulbot - we need a Masterpiece G1 Inferno . Zero interest in a giant ant
    "Such blasphemy against the colony! - You shall BURN!!!"

I'd be all for a Masterpiece Beast Wars: Inferno myself , probably just as much as an MP G1: Inferno - Really, I'd simply like to see a Masterpiece Beast Wars figure in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Terrorcons.
    Hungrr in MP10 size & the limbs in the MP car size
    ^This, please! Terrorcons are my second fav combiner teams, the first being the Stunticons.

I read G1 Inferno when I saw the title of this thread also.

I can see why people would be after Beast Wars masterpieces, especially if it's your G1. My biggest issue with BW Masterpiece would be the surface finish on the beast modes. How could they make it "realistic"?

Personally if they keep producing a couple Masterpiece G1 characters per year like they have been since MP10, in that same design philosophy I'll keep buying them. no questions asked. an MP g1 Inferno would be saweeet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

As much as I love Beast Wars, I'd like to see MP focus on G1 for now. Part of the reason is that BW toys were so well designed that they really haven't dated as much as G1 has. Also the cartoon models were pretty toy-accurate, so there also isn't quite the need to have show-like toys like G1. IMHO G1 is in greater need of being 'updated' as Classicsverse and MP toys. I personally skipped Universe Cheetor and Dinobot because I felt that neither of those figures really substantially improved over the originals. Generations Rhinox and Waspinator look awesome, and I'll probably get them because they are just awesome toys, but I don't think they'll really be massively improving over the originals as much as other Classicsverse toys do for G1.

Also... I'd really like to see the first year of G1 Autobots being completed as MPs, which from a Japanese POV includes the first two years. And Inferno would certainly be developed in tandem w/ MP Grapple much like what they've done w/ the Nissans.

Yer, I'd love g1 inferno! He was also one of my favs. Out of g1 I would love sunstreaker though as he was my first transformer so I'll always have a soft spot for him... My first decepticon a were pounce and wingspan the spys, so yer is be drawn to them as well

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMHO G1 is in greater need of being 'updated' as Classicsverse and MP toys. I personally skipped Universe Cheetor and Dinobot because I felt that neither of those figures really substantially improved over the originals. Generations Rhinox and Waspinator look awesome, and I'll probably get them because they are just awesome toys, but I don't think they'll really be massively improving over the originals as much as other Classicsverse toys do for G1.
    I agree with you in Cheetor's case (An excellent example of gimmick impediment) , but the TakTom version of Dinobot was far more on-model IMO (Save for that poor excuse of a sword & spinning shield) - I would have to disagree with you in regards to Waspinator & whole-heartedly in Rhinox's situation (The original toy & generations toy are like Night & Day!).

...but, I am also in agreeance that I'd prefer to see all G1 characters, who are to see the MP treatment, get it before they move onto Beast Wars; I'd rather the Design/Engineer teams not have to jump between differing styles with the line (Hence Star Saber having a different lead), I think they'd/we'd end up with better figures in the long run if they are permitted to stay in their stride before shifting.