Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It comes with his toothbrush from one episode, but no rubber ducky???

I don't recognise the gun though. I don't remember Megatron ever using one, as he fires blasts from his beast hand.
    It's his hunting rifle from Call of the Wild:

https://youtu.be/1rIP6wRt2sQ?t=54s

I think the rubber ducky was featured more prominently in season 2 when he was transmetal, so that's probably why they didn't include it.

It comes with his toothbrush from one episode, but no rubber ducky???

I don't recognise the gun though. I don't remember Megatron ever using one, as he fires blasts from his beast hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    It's his hunting rifle from Call of the Wild:

https://youtu.be/1rIP6wRt2sQ?t=54s

I think the rubber ducky was featured more prominently in season 2 when he was transmetal, so that's probably why they didn't include it.
    Apparently Griff and I both need to rewatch Beast Wars cause I also have forgotten this stuff .

Of course... the hunting rifle.

As for the rubber ducky - did it appear in season one at all?
    I guess if it is more remembered with the Transmetal Megatron, that would probably make sense leaving it out. (it kinda makes me want a MP Transmetal Megatron now... actually, I think the Transmetals would work well as Masterpiece toys, as they wouldn't have as much trouble dealing with curves and organic parts in the transformations and robot modes)

As for the rubber ducky - did it appear in season one at all?
    I'm not sure, but TF Wiki mentions the first appearance of the duck in Coming of the Fuzors Part 2:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rubber_Ducky

Man I can't wait for this, I sure hope they make the rest of season one as MP's.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Probably some preorder savings on that but good old GST will bump that right back up...

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post

With shipping from most foreign sources, at the current exchange rate, that's going to be close to AU$500.

Maybe this is how they can risk/afford to do small-run toys that have little to no redeco potential.

That's insane. Some of these MP are becoming a very niche market. Just look at the price of Cordon too, double what Sunstreaker was. I may have to really start to pick and choose

The annoying thing is that people on other fansites are justifying the price by saying that Dinobot was 30,000 yen and is smaller with less features... but just because the way-overpriced Dinobot was acceptable to some fans, it doesn't mean that it should be the new benchmark to allow toys that are barely Leader sized, be five times the price of Leaders (POTP Leaders are 6,800yen).
    If we keep supporting these price-points by buying them, TakaraTomy and Hasbro will keep bumping up the prices, well beyond the standard revenue needed to cover the cost of creating and manufacturing these toys.