Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 11th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
Anyone heard of this group before? Looks like they have been around since 2013.

https://tccaus.wordpress.com/about/
Yeah, that's the blog/online face for the Transformers Collector Club Australia (also referred to as TCCA).
As far as I know it's not an "official" club but it's a fairly large facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/transformerscca/
If you join the group you will see a few familiar faces from here as well as some you might not have met before.
Old 21st October 2017, 10:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Does anyone feel like a bit of translating?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...
Old 21st October 2017, 10:03 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Not going to translate the whole thing, but it basically talks about abandoned gimmicks. These include:
* Transmetal Rattrap's Go Kart mode. The calves of his legs were to have wheels to allow him to roll in robot mode as shown in the photo. Plastic faux-wheels are all that's left instead.
* Ram Horn's horn was meant to have a retractable claw.
* Magnaboss' chest was intended to shoot 6 missiles, not 2. It also says that they would have fired in succession. Huh... now I know why there are those four circular bumps above the two missile launchers - those are abandoned launchers!
* Rhinox's wrecking balls were intended to be attached to the buzzsaws via special connectors. The actual toy connects them with chains.
* Unsolved Mysteries: Why does Depth Charge's wings have so much unnecessary articulation? What's up with the those two moving things on Transmetal Terrorsaur's shoulders?
* Tigerhawk has wings on his back as vestigial parts of an abandoned vehicle mode (tfwiki actually mentions this).

That's a cool article documenting what could have been. I'm guessing that they were removed due to budget reasons. Thanks for sharing.
Old 22nd October 2017, 07:18 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Not going to translate the whole thing, but it basically talks about abandoned gimmicks. These include:
* Transmetal Rattrap's Go Kart mode. The calves of his legs were to have wheels to allow him to roll in robot mode as shown in the photo. Plastic faux-wheels are all that's left instead.
* Ram Horn's horn was meant to have a retractable claw.
* Magnaboss' chest was intended to shoot 6 missiles, not 2. It also says that they would have fired in succession. Huh... now I know why there are those four circular bumps above the two missile launchers - those are abandoned launchers!
* Rhinox's wrecking balls were intended to be attached to the buzzsaws via special connectors. The actual toy connects them with chains.
* Unsolved Mysteries: Why does Depth Charge's wings have so much unnecessary articulation? What's up with the those two moving things on Transmetal Terrorsaur's shoulders?
* Tigerhawk has wings on his back as vestigial parts of an abandoned vehicle mode (tfwiki actually mentions this).

That's a cool article documenting what could have been. I'm guessing that they were removed due to budget reasons. Thanks for sharing.
Much obliged, Gok! Very cool!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
This would've been a very cool feature! I feel that they should have went with the 6 or abandoned firing missiles altogether. If it was abandoned they might have been able to do some more with Silverbolt's wings in robot mode, aside from being ridiculously out of scale with his robot body. I would have preferred a smaller wingspan even if meant being less realistic in alt mode.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!