Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th August 2017, 07:55 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Purely aesthetic, really.
You still get dust in a glass cabinet depending on foot traffic and location. You just don't get as much as a Billy.
Apart from that,they do look classy when you have all of your friends standing around in a great big circle drinking cognac.

LOOKING FOR MiSB
AOE VOYAGER NEMESiS PRiME.
Old 20th August 2017, 09:13 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I also have two Billy's and have added an extra shelf in each of these two, even though they are secured to the wall they dont feel that sturdy as they are not that deep. I should swap the wooden shelves with glass ones, that would lighted the cabinet a bit more.

I'm surprised the amount of dust that gets in a deltof, but I often work from home so I guess I am in the collection room a lot more than others may be.

The wide ones from fantastic look good, but they may be a little lacking in the height department - 163cm.
Old 20th August 2017, 09:25 PM

I saved up and got one of these for my MP/3Mp collection
http://metrodisplay.com.au/shop/disp...sc-242-corner/

its nice and deep so that i can have a whole lot of depth to how i display things
Old 20th August 2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
I saved up and got one of these for my MP/3Mp collection
http://metrodisplay.com.au/shop/disp...sc-242-corner/

its nice and deep so that i can have a whole lot of depth to how i display things
Nice! Thanks for the link - they have some really nice ones and good prices too, I might have to start saving!
Old 20th August 2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
Nice! Thanks for the link - they have some really nice ones and good prices too, I might have to start saving!
if you do order from them advise them that your delivery will be to a residential address.

they ship their stuff very very well packed in a custom crate with wood surrounds and foam and all sorts of stuff to protect it.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:41 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
Just to confirm, Aldi will be getting in the glass display cabinets Saturday 26th August in NSW according to their catalog (link). Price will be $89.99.

I'm reading through what everyone has written about each type of shelving and considering the glass cabinets, but at the same time money is tight so I might need more bang for my buck. Is there any huge reason to invest in glass cabinets over say for example Billy bookcases (with which one gets nearly double the space as a detolf for the same price)?
I have a Dark Brown Billy bookcase, with glass doors and I've replaced the unfixed wooden shelves with Glass ones. My biggest issue with the whole setup is how dark it is. I intend on adding some lighting to it, the other cabinet I have, one of the Aldi Jobs, lets in a whole lot more natural light making it easier to see everything.

The glass doors do stop a lot of dust but not all of it.

I have a lighting solution in that and I love it. One day I'm going to go the whole hog and have at least part of a room kitted out with serious glass display shelving.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 21st August 2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
I've got some of my collection on display in Billy bookcases and they do the job. The glass cabinets looking classy and the doors should help keep dust away while still being able to see everything.

I'm considering the wide cabinets from Fantastic Furntiure after seeing STL's set up.
For someone like myself where options are limited these shelves are a great buy. I'm just about to buy a 2nd one so I can split the autobots from their arch enemies, and given they have 10kg rating per shelf there's no worrying about how many bots are on each shelf.