Page 913 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 893903908909910911912913914915916917918923933 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

How big is the Generations Waspinator Targetmaster (that came with Starscream) compared to a Titans Return Titan Masters and its vehicle accessory?

If anyone could take a pic, that'd be most helpful.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    How big is the Generations Waspinator Targetmaster (that came with Starscream) compared to a Titans Return Titan Masters and its vehicle accessory?

If anyone could take a pic, that'd be most helpful.

Hey, hope these help:

Quote Originally Posted by lfpnrg View Post
    Hey, hope these help:

That's marvellous! Thank you very much!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Did the RiD Scatterspike (Quillfire redeco) ever get released in Oz?

Just wondering what people here think of the 3 Metalhawk toys we have gotten over the years? (Japanese G1, TFCC and Titans Return)

I'm personally not a big fan of any as they all seem to have issues. G1 vehicle mode doesn't look great. TFCC forgoes the robot mode and TR, the one that could include all 3 modes with a second head forgoes the Pretender mode.

FatalityPitt Guest

I'm not a big Metalhawk fan, so I'm slightly indifferent. But I think out of his 3 toys; I like the G1 version the best since it's the original toy with all the gimmicks/features that make Metalhawk Metalhawk. It's not a perfect toy, but when you look at the original G1 toys of Starscream and Megatron, they weren't perfect either.

The upcoming TR figure looks good, but very different from the animation model. I didn't know it was Metalhawk until I read the commentary. When you consider the fact that his Pretender mode in the Masterforce cartoon was human-sized (they infiltrate human society), the TR toy has the potential to be somewhat show accurate (in concept.. kinda sorta), IF they sculpt the Titan Master to resemble his Pretender shell.

My 2 cents.

I'm looking forward to getting TR Metalhawk cos it'll mean that I'll have a cheap Metalhawk toy! There's NO way that I'm going to pay stupid aftermarket prices for a G1 or TFCC Metalhawk.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm personally not a big fan of any as they all seem to have issues. G1 vehicle mode doesn't look great. TFCC forgoes the robot mode and TR, the one that could include all 3 modes with a second head forgoes the Pretender mode.
    I'd say that TR Metalhawk is easily the best out of the three. Yes, G1 Metalhawk is a pretty lacklustre toy, but so were all the 1988 Pretenders. It had a lanky robot mode that pretty much folds into a vehicle because that's the only way that you could fit a Transformer into a Pretender shell. The 1989 Pretenders fared better by having stouter/more compact robots though (which worked brilliantly for Bumblebee). The main gimmick of Metalhawk is the die cast metal on the shell and robot. The anime style of the Pretender shell's head makes it look out of place next to the more realistically sculpted heads of Lander, Diver and Phoenix.

I've never seen or handled TFCC Metalhawk IRL so I can't fully comment about that toy, but being based on the Pretender shell never really interested me. The shell isn't the actual Transformer, the robot is. Imagine if they released a Generations Starscream toy that was based only on the toy's Pretender shell and not the robot. Toys like ROTF Bludgeon tried to give us the best of both worlds with the robot mode based on the Pretender shell but the alt mode being based on the inner robot's tank mode. TFCC Metalhawk's alt mode doesn't appeal to me since G1 Metalhawk's Pretender shell never transformed.

Okay, granted that I haven't seen TR Metalhawk IRL but I like what I've seen so far. This toy is based on the robot, the actual character of Metalhawk. Also, many Generations toys are inspired by or based on their IDW counterparts, and IDW Metalhawk was never a Pretender.

It wouldn't surprise me if some third party company were to make a Pretender Shell add-on accessory kit for this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    The upcoming TR figure looks good, but very different from the animation model.
    Yeah but they've redecoed it in a way that tries to make it look as Metalhawk like as possible. Similar to how CW Silverbolt was redecoed as Scattershot - not perfect, but a decent effort nonetheless. Metalhawk is far too obscure a character for Hasbro's market to justify a new mould. Think about it, if 5 years ago Hasbro released a Metalhawk toy we'd all be jumping for joy. This is a MUCH better effort than Robots In Disguise Jhiaxus.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    When you consider the fact that his Pretender mode in the Masterforce cartoon was human-sized (they infiltrate human society), the TR toy has the potential to be somewhat show accurate (in concept.. kinda sorta), IF they sculpt the Titan Master to resemble his Pretender shell.
    ^I agree that this would be totally cool and absolutely possible for Hasbro to do. They already did something similar with Revolver (Sixshot's Titan Master) who resembles Jack (Chromedome's best buddy who was murdered by Sixshot ).

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This toy is based on the robot, the actual character of Metalhawk. Also, many Generations toys are inspired by or based on their IDW counterparts, and IDW Metalhawk was never a Pretender.

Yeah but they've redecoed it in a way that tries to make it look as Metalhawk like as possible. Similar to how CW Silverbolt was redecoed as Scattershot - not perfect, but a decent effort nonetheless. Metalhawk is far too obscure a character for Hasbro's market to justify a new mould. Think about it, if 5 years ago Hasbro released a Metalhawk toy we'd all be jumping for joy. This is a MUCH better effort than Robots In Disguise Jhiaxus.
    Yeah, I wasn't bashing the TR Metalhawk. I agree, it's a decent representation of Metalhawk's true form; especially considering that Hasbro had to stick to the Titan's Return theme. But when I first saw photos of it, I just didn't realise it was Metalhawk. The red parts on the torso (which makes-up part of the cockpit) threw me off, since I usually picture Metalhawk as having a completely gold body. But the red is still justifiable since the G1 toy had some red stickers on the chest. But you're right, it's a good effort on Hasbro's part.

Until this day, Jhiaxus still doesn't have his own mold (Thrilling 30 toy was a retool of Armada Starscream). But since he's a seeker, he'll probably always be a repaint/retool of Starscream, if they ever decide to make another Jhiaxus.

Megatran Guest

Anyone know if the oversized Kinder Surprise TF (& MLP) will be available locally? They are 100g.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Did the RiD Scatterspike (Quillfire redeco) ever get released in Oz?
    Nup... we missed that wave, which also had Bisk and Ratchet.