Page 935 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 915925930931932933934935936937938939940945955 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Is it bad to store combiners in combined form long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Are ebay selling prices rather extreme for tfs now?
    There are always ebs and flows with prices, especially when it's a movie year as scalpers think that the most common thing will suddenly be in demand because the franchise is fresh in the laypersons mind. It's sort of the same principle that stores use when they stock toys, they always over stock (and honestly, over price) movie figures assuming that people will want to buy them because the movie is fresh in everyones minds, but prices eventually come down once the public in general "forgets" about the franchise.
    I think it depends on age, strength/thickness of the combiner ports/pegs, and how much weight they are holding (assuming they are standing on display rather then laying in a box in combined mode, which wouldnt be putting much strain on the limbs).
    I've had CW Superion on display since release (so about 2 years?) and havent noticed any strain or sagging so I'd say modern ones should be fine.
    Cant really say as much about say G1 combiners but I probably would say best to store those individually rather then combined mode.
    Just my thoughts though.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Is TR Ravage worth getting if you have TR Soundwave? It seems to be the consensus that the Stripes/Ravage mould isn't very good on it's own, but since scoring a Soundwave; I've been tempted to pick up Ravage and Laserbeak to 'complete the look'. I plan on grabbing Laserbeak the next time I see him (though I won't run to the store for dear life just to get him), but I'm still on the fence about the ravage...
    that Mould was OK, it's not a great representation of ravage, but it's a neat gimmick when tied to the Leaders.

store as in lay in a box with other toys?
    I always store for long term in the simplest mode with the least protruding parts, to avoid any contact bending of plastic. otherwise, I'd doubt it really matters.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

E-bay prices are ridiculous. The best way to judge the actual value of an item is to put the sold filter on, that way you can see what an item has been selling for, remember to allow for postage or consider if postage is included in the price. Also to note that combined with ebay fees and paypal fees you are paying 13.6% to those two companies all up, there may have been a jump recently due to the movie but also the Government just slugged e-bay with GST which was immediately passed on to sellers and buyers. Way to go Government.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I'm so glad I rarely have to go to Ebay for TFs anymore, they have been overpriced since I started collecting in 2007 after seeing the first Bay movie. There are a few lines I found were reasonable at the time like Car Robots/RID, but most lines have been overpriced for at least a decade, especially movie and G1 related lines.

I did buy a couple of Transformers before 2007. I remember around 2005 I got a MISB MP Optimus Prime (the first Hasbro version) for under $130 shipped from America, those days are long gone.

We have a few G1 characters from the post G1 cartoon timeframe now in CHUG and more coming, even an Action Master character. Do you guys think there are any characters that are completely off limits for future or do you guys think we will in the end get every G1 character from Optimus to Aquablast?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    We have a few G1 characters from the post G1 cartoon timeframe now in CHUG and more coming, even an Action Master character. Do you guys think there are any characters that are completely off limits for future or do you guys think we will in the end get every G1 character from Optimus to Aquablast?
    An official Kaon from the IDW Decepticon Justice Division might be long odds.

I rather doubt we'll end up getting redone versions of all of the lesser-known characters like Aquablast, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong. There's just so many of them, and most of the obscure characters we have been getting recently end up being repaints/remolds. That's fine for cars/trucks/planes, but some of the Micromasters have pretty rare/unusual alt-modes, so it's more likely (IMO) that we'd see an Armada trilogy Jetfire homage before an Astro Squad Phaser and/or Blast Master.
    Again, I hope I'm wrong - I'm always up for obscure character remolds/premolds. Better a character that hasn't has an update yet than Jazz #57 or Bumblebee #823 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Better a character that hasn't has an update yet than Jazz #57 or Bumblebee #823 IMO.
    The PotP Jazz's alt mode looks surprisingly similar to Aquablast so I'm thinking obscure repaint might be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    That's fine for cars/trucks/planes, but some of the Micromasters have pretty rare/unusual alt-modes,
    I think Micromasters would be best done in the new class that is currently Titan Masters and will be changed to Prime Masters in PotP, maybe two per pack but that's a longer shot.

As you can see I've been thinking about this possibility of getting a new version of every G1 character a lot lately. They are even giving us Pretender shell updates in PotP so I'm getting a bit worked up at the possibility. I don't think HasTak could complete it in the next couple of years but I'm thinking next 5 to 10 maybe a complete G1 in CHUG would be possible.

Anyone heard of this group before? Looks like they have been around since 2013.

https://tccaus.wordpress.com/about/

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Anyone heard of this group before? Looks like they have been around since 2013.

https://tccaus.wordpress.com/about/
    It's TCCA from Facebook.