Page 458 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 438448453454455456457458459460461462463468478 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 10404

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

"Baggies" is the name of a brand of sealable food storage bags manufactured by the Pactiv Corporation. So referring to plastic storage bags as "baggies" is similar to referring to how Americans call tissues "Kleenexes" -- I've personally never seen/heard an Australian refer to them as baggies, only from Americans.

Mind you, how many Australians call adhesive bandages "Band Aids" (even if it's not the Johnson & Johnson's brand)? The use brand names as synonyms for the actual product isn't quite as culturally ingrained here.

People use baggies and band aids (and roller blades) for the non-branded versions all the time here... I hear them very often.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    People use baggies and band aids (and roller blades) for the non-branded versions all the time here... I hear them very often.
    I agree, that sort of thing is really common around here where I live; such as 'Juice Tetra-Cubes' always being called 'Poppas' and long thin 'Ice-Blocks' being called 'Super-Dupers' or 'Icey-Poles', I think it might be more common than what you think Goki.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Why are sealed bags of accessories called baggies?

Shouldn't then a sealed box be called a boxie? or a sealed sack a sackie?
    Thats what i'm calling them from now on. Now, off to find something "mint on sealed cardie"

I've hear "Band Aid," "Poppas" and "Roller Blades" lots, but not those others.

Anyway - the point is unless there's a brand of boxes called Boxies or a brand of Sacks called Sackies or a brand of card-backs called Cardies, then those terms can't be compared with "Baggies".

When the Armada kids went to Cybertron, did they wear spacesuits. I think they did but can't find my DVDs to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    When the Armada kids went to Cybertron, did they wear spacesuits. I think they did but can't find my DVDs to double check.
    Though I've never watched the series for any great length or amount, I do vaguely remember seeing a frame or so of them wearing Space Suits - I would be the worst person to quote on that though.

Screenshot from tfwik.net, and this one.

What's Energon Rodimus' articulatuon like? Is it a good figure overall?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Screenshot from tfwik.net, and this one.
    Thanks. I thought so but had forgotten that they joined the Voltron Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    What's Energon Rodimus' articulatuon like? Is it a good figure overall?
    His legs are a bit restricted, because the shins are so big. His arms are also a little limited because of the way the shoulders work. At the time it was a great figure overall as it was a new Rodimus Prime toy, but most Autobot Energon figures suffer because of their shirt/pants modes.