Page 463 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 443453458459460461462463464465466467468473483 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 10404

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

^^^ but i neeeeeeeed to touch it...
    Maybe hasbro could re-release the parts we need for free (good luck).
    Aren't they* (more recently) having probs with gold and brown plastic now?
    Didn't they# learn?

*By they i mean we.
    #By they i mean them

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    ^^^ but i neeeeeeeed to touch it...
    Maybe hasbro could re-release the parts we need for free (good luck).
    Aren't they* (more recently) having probs with gold and brown plastic now?
    Didn't they# learn?

*By they i mean we.
    #By they i mean them
    IIRC, 2003 was the last time that particular mix was used.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    IIRC, 2003 was the last time that particular mix was used.
    2007? (I think - the Micromasters Universe Aerialbots' Superion kibble accessories for Storm Jet and Air Raid and before that it was Crossovers Chewbacca.)

So this crap is going to plague us for years to come??

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Does Soundwave ever talk in Transformers Prime. And am I the only one who thinks that's odd from a real-life point of view. I mean - they already have Frank Welker there in the recording room and the scriptwriters don't want to use him?
    Maybe he does talk, we just can't hear him because he communicates on a frequency band we humans can't pick up. Pushing this theory even further, maybe he authenticates those he speaks with using a method similar to pre-shared keys in a wireless network, that is, when establishing comms with another Decepticon he gives them a temporary virtual key to his frequency band. When he wants the conversation to end he simply takes away their virtual key. Those who don't have access can only hear a scrambled signal if trying to listen in. Eh, it's fun to imagine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Maybe he does talk, we just can't hear him because he communicates on a frequency band we humans can't pick up. Pushing this theory even further, maybe he authenticates those he speaks with using a method similar to pre-shared keys in a wireless network, that is, when establishing comms with another Decepticon he gives them a temporary virtual key to his frequency band. When he wants the conversation to end he simply takes away their virtual key. Those who don't have access can only hear a scrambled signal if trying to listen in. Eh, it's fun to imagine anyway.
    ypu're such a nerd. I love the way you think

at Botcon they did say that Soundwave can talk and that he eventually would, they are just waiting for the right moment. in the meantime though your theory holds a lot of sonic water.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    ypu're such a nerd. I love the way you think

at Botcon they did say that Soundwave can talk and that he eventually would, they are just waiting for the right moment. in the meantime though your theory holds a lot of sonic water.
    Cheers UM. Hope they get the voice spot on. I'm thinking something cold and heavily synthisized with a monotone delivery that's devoid of any kind of emotion.

Imagine Soundwave and Bumblebee engaged in an intense dialogue.

Bumblebee: Beep beep badoop beep bleep!
    Soundwave: .........................?
    Bumblebee: Beep boop bawoop breep beep?!?
    Soundwave: ...
    Bumblebee: Booooooop!
    Soundwave: ....................... ......... ................ ... . .................. .., .............. ... .. ......... ....? ...................... .! ................ . .........
    Bumblebee: Beep! Baroop bleep boop!!
    *they fight*

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    So this crap is going to plague us for years to come??
    Only if you buy toys with gold/brown/bronze plastic syndrome. I try to avoid it, getting recolours where possible (i.e. I own Elephorca rather than Torca, Megabolt Megatron instead of Megabolt, Metals Megatron rather than TM Megatron etc.)

I actually had it happen to me recently with a yellow toy (you might appreciate this, Geigerrock) - a MIB Machine Robo F1 Robo. I was transforming it for the fist time ever out of the box and the whole thing just crumbled to pieces. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8 (Definitely a video you wouldn't want to more than one take to film.) So I bought a MOSC GoBots Slicks to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    There is no cure.
    According to the AllSpark Almanac II there is one. Animated Red Alert discovered it.

So, am I the only one who thinks of this when it comes to Soundwave talking?
    Seriously, I'd be happy with the classic heavily modulated Frank Welker Dr Claw voice.