Page 471 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 451461466467468469470471472473474475476481491 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 10404

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

So, in the Marvel comics, Megatron never turned into Galvatron?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    So, in the Marvel comics, Megatron never turned into Galvatron?
    That's right. But the US and UK Marvel comics did feature Galvatron (who was once Megatron) who came back in time from the future where TFTM happened.

You mean where TF:TM never happened? Otherwise I'm still confused.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Most of Marvel's comics were set in the present (80s/90s). By the end of the Marvel comics (Generation 2 #12) the Megatron we knew never became Galvatron.

Megatron became Galvatron in 2005 in a possible/alternate future timeline where the events of the movie happened. Then he travelled back in time and interacted with the present day. The Galvatron in the comics was Megatron but not "our" Megatron.

The puzzles of the 4th dimension.

That's all pretty twisted, but clears it up for me.

And in the Cartoon universe, the Megatron that became Galvatron, never went back to be Megatron?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    That's all pretty twisted, but clears it up for me.

And in the Cartoon universe, the Megatron that became Galvatron, never went back to be Megatron?
    Only in wacky and obscure Japanese fiction, but what happens in Japan stays in Japan. If you're not Japanese feel free to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I have the original Madman DVDs (pre-tin box set) and yeah, they use the Rhino stuff with their stoopid added sound effects. I bought them heaps cheap from a second hand store after my entire DVD collection (including my original US Rhino G1 DVD box sets) were stolen in a burglary.
    Sorry to hear Goki but cheers for your help.

Urgh...

Well, I have the Tin-Box set and I have a suspicion that it might be utilising said Rhino Masters; I've found it basically impossible to find any proper comparison video so as to discern what to look for, the seasonal intros just have something odd about them that I can't put my finger on and I've felt this way for many years now.

The tell tale signs are the really stupidly loud laser and explosion noises that Rhino added in. The original G1 track never had those. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The tell tale signs are the really stupidly loud laser and explosion noises that Rhino added in. The original G1 track never had those. (-_-)
    That's what I'm thinking is tipping me off...

Sigh,
    Now to investigate American DVD prices...

I know that this question shouldn't be in this thread and that I am cheating ti get a quick answer, but where are the best places to get Transformers from (in general--old or new) around/Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs?

And anybody seen an SDCC Arcee/Bumblebee pack in any Melbourne anime/comic/general geekery store around Melbourne? Would be nice to find on my birthday tomorrow.