Page 488 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 468478483484485486487488489490491492493498508 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 10404

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

A two part question, How much would I expect to pay for Dai Atlas & does anyone know of any stores in Japan that may have him?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Does anyone know how long it is from when transformerland previews their figures on youtube to when they are available for sale on their site?
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I have a question: when/where did the trend of Starscream clone armies (as in actual in-fiction clones, not just repaints/remolds) start?
    We've had Animated and Prime Starscream clones, but I'm not sure if the convention started with Animated or if it was around before that.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I have a question: when/where did the trend of Starscream clone armies (as in actual in-fiction clones, not just repaints/remolds) start?
    We've had Animated and Prime Starscream clones, but I'm not sure if the convention started with Animated or if it was around before that.
    Sunstorm was a clone of Starscream in the Dreamwave comics, but otherwise in the sense of an army of clones it was Animated's thing. Previously the other seekers all just had the same build. (I don't think I'm forgetting anything...)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sunstorm was a clone of Starscream in the Dreamwave comics, but otherwise in the sense of an army of clones it was Animated's thing. Previously the other seekers all just had the same build. (I don't think I'm forgetting anything...)
    I think Starscream was first cloned in A Prime Problem (from the G1 cartoon).

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    no wonder the price is so high.. you've got half of them..
    what is the most of 1 figure you've got? (so i won't be so shocked in the future)
    I think G1 Bluestreak is the one that I have the most of.... Heh

How many Generations books are there now? I only have two from 2009 - that's the start,right? SO I wanted to now start completing em even without the exclusive toys some of em have. If ever, can anyone post the reply in a per year and number of volumes please.Thanks!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    How many Generations books are there now? I only have two from 2009 - that's the start,right? SO I wanted to now start completing em even without the exclusive toys some of em have. If ever, can anyone post the reply in a per year and number of volumes please.Thanks!
    Seven so far.
    2009 - 3
    2010 - 1
    2011 - 2
    2012 - 1

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Seven so far.
    2009 - 3
    2010 - 1
    2011 - 2
    2012 - 1
    I feel like a total arse for doing this, but you missed one and a half (it is of course, debatable).

There's also the beautiful original Generations volume, which was about 2001. It received an updated 2004 edition. Be careful with this one, as there was a Chinese KO version, which is pixellated and of lesser quality. So if you're going solely on the Generations name, then there's that.

There's also the Transformers Collection 2007 volume. While not named 'Generations', it IS one in everything but name. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Collection_2007

So considering how you want to count them, there's one to two more besides the ones Griffin already listed. It all comes down to what you 'count', and of course, what you want.

There'll all great. I also recommend the 'VisualWorks' book. It's an art-mook, but has some really interesting pieces and drawings. Check it out and see what you think. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Visualworks

The 2nd version of Generations is called "Generations Deluxe," it's basically the same book but with a few extra goodies toward the back, i.e. abandoned concept sketches like Action Master Perceptor, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron etc. Damn I wish I hadn't lost this book.