Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Wars: Part 3 Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I was just watching the old G1 Micromaster ads...

This would be so good as Generations.
    Isn't Titans Return essentially covering that? Bases that small figures can man?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Isn't Titans Return essentially covering that? Bases that small figures can man?
    Not really. Its more of the Headmasters theme. Micromasters transform into little vehicles THEMSELVES, and the cities and bases would transform from vehicles and don't have their own robot modes.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Not really. Its more of the Headmasters theme. Micromasters transform into little vehicles THEMSELVES, and the cities and bases would transform from vehicles and don't have their own robot modes.
    Taking it back to the fundamentals, it's bases with little figures though right?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Taking it back to the fundamentals, it's bases with little figures though right?
    Yep.

Well taking it back to their very basis they are all Transformers right? I agree with Ultimate Galvatron that Micromasters is a sufficiently different concept to the current Titans Return line to warrant a role in Part 3. I had a lot of fun with the little teams and Skystalker towards the end of my Transformers childhood. Certainly a more deserving line to pursue over Pretenders. But odds are Part 3 will be the Beast theme you are projecting.

All options are on the table at this stage. Yes, I'm for more beasts, but the interesting thing that Hasbro just did was invent a new Class size.

Titan, Leader, Voyager, Deluxe, Legend -- and now Titan Master, and this smaller classification opens all kinds of doors for Powermasters, Targetmasters and Micromasters.

It all adds to the possibility of what the third line could entail.

I dunno, Hasbro seems wary of releasing a Beast heavy line again, maybe the odd beast toy or combiner, but I do not think they are keen to release large numbers of beast toys.

Based on their theme of toys that interact with each other and the pic they showed at the end of Comicon (or whenever it was) I predict the possibility of a line loosely based on the Duocons. Think about it each toy comes with two altmodes that combine to form one robot one forms the top half and the other the bottom half, and then you can mix and match them with other toys, maybe they will even have Titanmasters?

Obviously Overlord and the two existing Duocons are the obvious fit for such a line, but that wont stop Hasbro shoehorning Megatron, Prime and others in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I dunno, Hasbro seems wary of releasing a Beast heavy line again, maybe the odd beast toy or combiner, but I do not think they are keen to release large numbers of beast toys.

Thats pretty true if you look at the last few toylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Based on their theme of toys that interact with each other and the pic they showed at the end of Comicon (or whenever it was) I predict the possibility of a line loosely based on the Duocons. Think about it each toy comes with two altmodes that combine to form one robot one forms the top half and the other the bottom half, and then you can mix and match them with other toys, maybe they will even have Titanmasters?

Obviously Overlord and the two existing Duocons are the obvious fit for such a line, but that wont stop Hasbro shoehorning Megatron, Prime and others in to it.
    A line is made up of 6 Waves and some nearly 60 toys. Could Duocons really fill that many slots, seeing as traditionally there are only two of them?

People have been up in arms about non-traditional Headmasters being made thus in Titans Returns, but such was the necessity to fill all the waves.

I'm inclined to think the Duocons (and Overlord) will turn up in the latter waves of Titans Return, sometime in 2017.

A line is made up of 6 Waves and some nearly 60 toys. Could Duocons really fill that many slots, seeing as traditionally there are only two of them?

People have been up in arms about non-traditional Headmasters being made thus in Titans Returns, but such was the necessity to fill all the waves.

I'm inclined to think the Duocons (and Overlord) will turn up in the latter waves of Titans Return, sometime in 2017.
    I agree with Lord Zed on Hasbro being wary of Beast lines, but I also agree with you here, I don't think they could make an entire line of Duocons (especially since Battletrap just got a TFCC toy and Flywheels has been made a Titan Master.)