Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Movie toy pics and reviews

Leader Class Grimlock has now ended up in fan hands, and a gallery can be seen here.

The Power-Attack gimmick toys are being found in American ToysRUs stores now... which is another major store not being concerned about embargo dates this time.
    If more and more stores start selling the Movie toys as soon as they get them, we might have Hasbro just tell all stores that they can sell straight away as well (which I think happened with one of the earlier movies).

Peaugh has half of his first wave reviews up. I'm feeling a little more positive about the first wave after seeing them. Still only going to pick up Leader Prime, the two Deluxe Bee's and that DOTM Soundwave from Takara.

As stores here are releasing the toys early, TRU in America had put out their Movie Kreo sets, and were promptly told to remove them from the shelves and from the computer to prevent registers being able to process them.

Have we seen pics of the deluxe Lockdown toy before? I just saw the ones of him, Drift, Strafe and Slash on BBTS and he looks like a slightly more advanced Spychanger. Well I exaggerate, but the point is none of the deluxe Autobot cars in the AOE generations line are looking like winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Have we seen pics of the deluxe Lockdown toy before? I just saw the ones of him, Drift, Strafe and Slash on BBTS and he looks like a slightly more advanced Spychanger. Well I exaggerate, but the point is none of the deluxe Autobot cars in the AOE generations line are looking like winners.
    There was a little peek of him in the recent Hasbro Transformers designer video.

I'm going with the theory that the Lockdown picture on the listing is incorrect.

Can i apply the same theory to the Voyager Galvatron?

I think i'll settle for just hoping his inclusion leads to a Masterpiece figure

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm going with the theory that the Lockdown picture on the listing is incorrect.
    We saw how the 2-pack deluxe Bumblebee had a similar "shell back", so this one is likely to be following the same format.
    It's probably the only way Hasbro can replicate the on-screen designs (flat panel vehicles to highly sculpted robots) without resorting to over-complicated transformations of previous movies that wasn't selling for them.
    Now we see if this new simplified format works for them in stores. (even if fans don't like it, it's the other 85-90% of TFs buyers that they care about targeting)

Looks like it was a place-filler image.
    From the Hasbro site is the One-step Lockdown toy, which is the same.