Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 15th April 2019, 04:41 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I'm uncertain about trusting Amazon for something like this, because their return process failed so hard when an order I placed with them was not completed.
Basically, the retailer took my money, then all record of the sale was deleted from the system and I never got the item either.
And I was only ordering a customised iPhone case!

I haven't gone back to check the local Toyworld since I took that picture, but according to their online site, they only have Starscream, Ironhide, Prowl, Sixgun and Chromia in stock.

For the record, the next ones I am considering purchasing are Brunt, Cog, Sports Car Patrol (Blackjack and Hyperdrive) and possibly Shockwave.
Shockwave is the one I would have to personally examine to decide if I want him or not.

For Australian online shopping, I usually go here:
https://www.tftoys.com.au/product-ca...-siege-hasbro/
This is usually my retailer of choice for international:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Siege
Old 15th April 2019, 05:02 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

It's unfortunate that you had something like that happen however the vast majority of sales go through fine. If they were as unreliable as you think they are then they'd never be as big as they are.
Old 15th April 2019, 05:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
I'm uncertain about trusting Amazon for something like this, because their return process failed so hard when an order I placed with them was not completed.
Basically, the retailer took my money, then all record of the sale was deleted from the system and I never got the item either.
And I was only ordering a customised iPhone case
Sounds like you might have bought through a third party seller on Amazon. Stick to the ones sold by Amazon and you should be safe.
Old 15th April 2019, 08:59 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
Pre-ordering a special item like Jetfire is actually a sensible move, because we really don't know how many will be allocated but know the demand will be really high.
Reflector has to be the next big target. That has scalping written all over it.

Jetfire is interesting as he is just at that weight where shipping starts to get expensive. Places like Big W and Myer have been solid with Titans so it will be interesting to see where Ultras turn up. Omega too for that matter.
Old 15th April 2019, 09:29 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

I only saw one Titan class toy at my local Big W, it was a Devastator Combiner set and marked down because they hadn't been able to sell it.

Based on that, I'd been assuming that my Big W stockmanager just decided Titans weren't worth the cost of ordering, since I never saw any more appear at that store afterwards.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

...buying multiples isn't the same as scalping. Scalping is, IMO, when you buy a toy and then sell it off at a jacked up price to make a profit, and especially when you buy out the whole shop thus forcing people to buy from you.

I'm not saying that I agree with people buying multiples straight off the bat as it can make toys harder for others to find. I personally think if that if someone wants a multiple then a better way would be to buy one first, then come back to that store in a week or so and if there are still toys left then grab another one. That way you've allowed time for other collectors (and kids) to get the toy if they want to. But unless you're going to sell the toy on at a higher price then I don't see how it's scalping.

Fun Fact: the black plague was deliberately transmitted to Europe after it was bio-weaponised by the Mongols in... 1357?
*Googles*
1347! Gah, I was off by a decade
Old 16th April 2019, 06:07 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Basically, from my perspective, unless you're really careless with your Transformer toys and break them/or lose parts, why would anyone need more then one of each character?
Because I felt like it.
Old 16th April 2019, 09:21 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
Because I felt like it.
Shame on you.
Shame.
Old 16th April 2019, 10:19 AM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
Heck. I saw heaps of wave 1 at my local Toyworld but didn't make a purchase then. I shared that sighting and the shelves were wiped clean.
I spoke to the owner of Toyworld Ulladulla a couple weeks ago. They said that they had a really hard time getting Transformers in at the moment. They finally got in a whole heap of stock and it basically all sold out in record time. There were only a couple of each scale on the shelves when I was visiting.

Quote:
This is usually my retailer of choice for international:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Siege
As someone who is concerned about quality, BBTS has the "Collector" grade for $2. They inspect the item and individually package it for shipping. If you're really concerned about QC it's a good option.
Old 16th April 2019, 11:01 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
Shame on you.
Shame.