Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Do they have a website yet?
    www.tfidownunder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Just got my item from TFIDOWNUNDER today, as a QLDer I too experienced 2 working day posting. Their standard posting isn't ideal for 'mint in packaging' collectors but by all means it doesn't look like the item was miss treated. I'm sure if you're willing to pay a premium and simply ask them for different packaging they will oblige.

6 stars out of 5

always happy to support local business, especially if it means cheaper goods for me, lol

Now if only my Scoria were here too.
    Out of curiosity, a 6 out of 5?
    What was there communication like? I noticed you said that it wouldn't suit MiB collectors; was the box damaged in any way because of the lack of padding? As a MISB Collector, I dont agree with asking to pay extra for postage just to make sure what i see online arrives to me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Out of curiosity, a 6 out of 5?
    What was there communication like? I noticed you said that it wouldn't suit MiB collectors; was the box damaged in any way because of the lack of padding? As a MISB Collector, I dont agree with asking to pay extra for postage just to make sure what i see online arrives to me that way.
    I'mma be honest, I just gave them that score coz I like seeing local enterprises like this one do well.

To be critical. Communication was good. They sent an email saying they shipped the item and provided a tracking number along with another email for the standard sales invoice. posted via repurposed cardboard box. They packed the item with newspaper to reduce the movement/impact. I ordered a Hasbro Voyager figure. There are no extreme flaws on the box (you'd see worse on a retail shelf), but there are a couple scuffs on the window.

It comes with a letter giving some background information on the business and their push for recyclable packaging reducing postage cost and environment impact. Like I said, you'd see worse wear on a retail shelf, but the product isn't flawless (I don't collect MISB so I'm unsure the standard you'd consider 'worth it').

It you're looking for a figure to pose on your shelf, they're great with their prices, shipping time and product handling. But purely "mint" ? May wanna look else where.

Shots of the box after I've already opened it.

I imagine this is just a guy operating out of his garage. Good on him for spotting a market and providing the goods. I reckon the whole environmental packaging spiel is just an excuse to use newspaper and old boxes because they are free. I dont mind about boxes but if i order hundreds of dollars worth of toys i want them packaged securely in bubblewrap or those packaging foam things (which can now be bought bio-degradable). Auspost are not known for their care with stuff so it would need to be packed very well with no excuses from the seller if it arrives damaged. As the seller it is up to them to get the parcel to you in one piece and as described when you bought it.
    I am waiting to see tfi's reaction when someone gets a damaged product before i buy from them. Its easy to to be all rosy when things are going well but when there are problems are when you see peoples true colours. I hope they come through when it happens.
    Last edited by spiderken17; 25th June 2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Spiderken Away!

I placed a group order for about $350 worth of stuff. They arrived individually wrapped in bubble wrap, packed in newspaper in a decent box. No damage at all.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

That's great news.
    Spiderken Away!

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback and also constructive criticism. That's fine, if an item turns up damaged we will try our best to remedy the situation, all you have to do is make contact us via email. That isn't a problem. Also, realistically, there will ALWAYS be a chance of slight cosmetic damage. No matter how wrapped up it is. Most of the time stock arrives here either from USA, Japan or China and there will always be some form of cosmetic damage on some of the packets. Even companies with a huge reputation of quality and customer care e.g. (no offence to them as they really are a great bunch) Mastermind Creations, some of their gear can be slightly damaged from the trip over seas. In fact, the only 3p company that used any form of cover or wrapping (other than just the cardboard box) that I have dealt with are Fanstoys. Also, age can be a factor as well. If an item sits on a shelf for over a year in tropical NQ the box may (there is a possibility) result in slight damage just from age and wearing around the edges and corners usually. Yes, as the letter states, it does help to save money by using second hand boxes and wrapping (bubble wrap, plastic, news paper etc) that gets donated to us otherwise we would have to charge for new boxes as well plus, it is recycling. IMO, because of these reasons, I don't see the point in asking our customers to fork out extra coin for MISB if there is a possibility that it may still show up with minor damage to the box or worse (we can though, if they really want it). Honestly, if ANYONE has any questions or complaints at all just email us. We always try our best to respond within 2 days to all emails (sometimes it may take slightly longer) and believe me, none of this has been rosy, it's been a roller coaster if anything. Again, thanks again to all of you that have supported us. Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    Thanks everyone for your positive feedback and also constructive criticism. That's fine, if an item turns up damaged we will try our best to remedy the situation, all you have to do is make contact us via email. That isn't a problem. Also, realistically, there will ALWAYS be a chance of slight cosmetic damage. No matter how wrapped up it is. Most of the time stock arrives here either from USA, Japan or China and there will always be some form of cosmetic damage on some of the packets. Even companies with a huge reputation of quality and customer care e.g. (no offence to them as they really are a great bunch) Mastermind Creations, some of their gear can be slightly damaged from the trip over seas. In fact, the only 3p company that used any form of cover or wrapping (other than just the cardboard box) that I have dealt with are Fanstoys. Also, age can be a factor as well. If an item sits on a shelf for over a year in tropical NQ the box may (there is a possibility) result in slight damage just from age and wearing around the edges and corners usually. Yes, as the letter states, it does help to save money by using second hand boxes and wrapping (bubble wrap, plastic, news paper etc) that gets donated to us otherwise we would have to charge for new boxes as well plus, it is recycling. IMO, because of these reasons, I don't see the point in asking our customers to fork out extra coin for MISB if there is a possibility that it may still show up with minor damage to the box or worse (we can though, if they really want it). Honestly, if ANYONE has any questions or complaints at all just email us. We always try our best to respond within 2 days to all emails (sometimes it may take slightly longer) and believe me, none of this has been rosy, it's been a roller coaster if anything. Again, thanks again to all of you that have supported us. Kind regards
    I certainly understand your point of view as I have done the online store thing in the past. It's tough work but you do your best to cover every possible problem that shall arise.
    I should be expecting my first parcel from you guys this week but I'm sure it will be all good.
    Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I certainly understand your point of view as I have done the online store thing in the past. It's tough work but you do your best to cover every possible problem that shall arise.
    I should be expecting my first parcel from you guys this week but I'm sure it will be all good.
    Keep up the good work!
    Wow, really? Were you selling Tf's? Why did you finish up if you don't mind me asking? It's a shame it's not still around :-/