Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DotM becomes Paramount's first ever Billion dollar movie

Default DotM becomes Paramount's first ever Billion dollar movie

According to Reuters, DotM has passed the billion US dollar mark globally (US$338million in Nth America, US$663million elsewhere), making it the first movie by Paramount to achieve this milestone in their 99 year history (obviously, if you took into account inflation, some older movies of theirs would equate to a billion-plus).
    It is also the fifth year in a row that Paramount movies in the US have reached a combined billion dollar total at the box-office before any other movie studio, thanks to 6 consecutive movies of theirs this year that earnt over US$100million in Nth America each.

With that Billion dollar milestone, TF3 snuck its way into the top ten all time earners.

Interestingly (but not surprisingly), TF3 is still ahead of Harry Potter in America (it has never done as well in America as in other countries).

(it was also good to see that TF3 was #1 for 2 weeks, but HP was only #1 for 1 week)

THis is great news for the Transformers brand! Hopefully this will allow more development of more great figures (hopefully not purely restricted to the movie aesthetics).
    I want more MP and Alternator scale figures

The Transformers Trilogy is now #4 for all time $/movie and #8 highest grossing film franchise of all time
    source

This news can only mean that Paramount will move ahead with TF4. I wouldn't mind a new trilogy or even a full CGI movie by dreamworks
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

In your face Harry Potter!!!!! WOOO!! GO Paramount!!!

Apologies to Harry Potter fans... ...NOT!!!! DECEPTICONS WIN THIS TIME AROUND!

This is awesome news, i been telling everyone i know that said it couldnt be done lol. Then when they release all the different DVD versions of it they will bring in even more cash lol. There is no way they will not make a 4th movie.

I would really love to see a Beast Wars live action movie. Mix it up and make people wonder "WTH is that ?" and want to go see it because its not the same old vehicle to robot look as the first 3 were. Robots with animal alternate modes would get lots of interest i think..
    But then the question is do you make Prime a Monkey or a Mamouth lol.. My vote would be for a Mamouth. The Japanese Big Convoy Mamouth Prime is one of my all time favorite versions of prime.

Could even cross the streams and mix G1 in with Beast Wars like they did in the series. Would be a great way to bring in the Dinobots into play.

I still can't believe Avatar made 2.7 billion. I must be the only person who didn't enjoy it THAT much.

Lets hope that Transformers makes the top 5! I at least want it to take down the latest Pirates movie

Decepticon Guest

Congratulations TF3! Just goes to show you don't need an excellent plot to be successful. Makes it more promising for a TF4 now? I reckon they should do a prequel style based solely on Cybertron.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I still can't believe Avatar made 2.7 billion. I must be the only person who didn't enjoy it THAT much.
    No your not

Way to go Transformers
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Fantastic news. Here's for doing another trilogy. And with the amount of money this trilogy made, they would be silly not to have it on the cards.

And on Avatar, though I did enjoy the film, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the greatest movie ever, it was still a good film. And the only reason I own it is because I got it for free at JB Hifi.

*shrug* Harry Potter is still blazing ahead of transformers, and looks to score as this years biggest earner which is a bit disappointing for us tf fans. The 'adjusted for inflation' records are certainly fun to look at. Looks like despite this years 'big earners' it wasn't the best turn out year for Hollywood.

Still, if the studios are happy, fingers crossed for a reboot. It will be interesting to see whether they go ahead and continue with the Bay'verse or try with something different all together.