Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Licensed Easter items

They have TF AoE chocolate coins at Big Ws for a few bucks a bag

I've been looking in all the stores this year and didn't find anything licensed.
    I'm surprised that those are AOE themed as the RID theme has already been out on licensed items.
    I've never seen or heard of them here before, so it shouldn't be old stock being re-released for Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've been looking in all the stores this year and didn't find anything licensed.
    I'm surprised that those are AOE themed as the RID theme has already been out on licensed items.
    I've never seen or heard of them here before, so it shouldn't be old stock being re-released for Easter.
    Well the pic on the tag is of AoE Optimus Prime but it doesn't say 'AoE' anywhere on them so that may be just the graphic they decided to go with rather than it being a movie-specific tie-in product

Actually, I just went and checked and lots of the coins have 'collectable stickers' on them like AoE Drift & Grimlock so maybe it is a tie-in - dunno.

The stickers have 2014 on the bottom but don't think the coins were made then. Bloody well hope not anyway - they are part of my sons Easter gifts

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Actually, I just went and checked and lots of the coins have 'collectable stickers' on them like AoE Drift & Grimlock so maybe it is a tie-in - dunno.

The stickers have 2014 on the bottom but don't think the coins were made then. Bloody well hope not anyway - they are part of my sons Easter gifts
    The stickers jogged my memory...

Are these the same ones?
    They were out Christmas 2014. If they are what you saw, then yes, they could be leftover stock from over a year ago. (unless it has a year expiry on them, as they usually only have about 12 months)

Mmm, expired chocolate 😉
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The stickers jogged my memory...

Are these the same ones?
    They were out Christmas 2014. If they are what you saw, then yes, they could be leftover stock from over a year ago. (unless it has a year expiry on them, as they usually only have about 12 months)
    Same ones except their wrappers are a blue and a light blue, not a rich blue and a red