Page 1 of 34 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions

Default February Acquisitions

Remember, pics or it didn't happen!

My acquisition today is courtesy of a top Aussie bloke, currently residing in Japan and purchased via eBay:

Takara Beast Wars Metals - Megatron!!!

This guy is a replacement for my Pink Variant Hasbro Transmetal Megatron, of which I'll give you 1 guess as to where it broke?

After the advice of Goki and after he had kindly brought his own Japanese TM Megatron to the last Parra Fair, I decided on picking this guy up as a replacement due to the better construction and colour scheme and I must say that I got a Damn! good deal on him too.
    (I love this figure so much, thank you eBay Guy, Goki and Takara! )

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Remember, pics or it didn't happen!
    Thats what she said

(Sorry I've been watching alot of The Office lately)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I can just imagine the meeting that took place re: Takara Beast Wars Metals - Megatron's design...

Boss man: So...Megatron. He's a T-Rex, that's pretty cool. But how can we make him cooler?
    Staff member 1: Let's make him fly
    Staff member 2: Yeah, make him fly and have wheels. That's how he rolls!
    Boss man: Awesome idea's guys. I also suggest we position his fists close to his chest in alt mode so he can still punch people in the face
    *cheers all around*

Staff member 3: "And let's make his tail articulated that ends in a clamp! DA CLAMP!!"

First lot of February acquisitions:

Hailstorm (from Target sale)
    Tokyo Toy Show Dreadwing/Smokescreen (from eBay)
    Blue & Black Alternity Megatrons (from eBay)

Latest stuff in:

RtS TFs from Toyworld today, Takara Reflector from llamatron and Pretender Dowlos from Sky Shadow.

Rodimus clone army.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Latest stuff in:

[IMG]**SNIP**[/IMG]

RtS TFs from Toyworld today, Takara Reflector from llamatron and Pretender Dowlos from Sky Shadow.

[IMG]**SNIP**[/IMG]

Rodimus clone army.
    Seems like you're building a Perceptor army as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Seems like you're building a Perceptor army as well
    Dont tempt me on that Already have Top Spin clones as well.

I have been really lazy to update as I go along (maybe its cos there's just so much to do in HK... parties, functions, dinners, hoards of people invading my place, thank goodness no kids... etc). Anyway, here goes...

27 Jan 2011
    Finally caved in and bought PE Rumble and Frenzy

28 Jan 2011
    Been a really tough week, mentally, so wandered around and did some shopping therapy. Encore Skids (HKD150), Encore Starscream (HKD280), TF Generations 2009 mail away exclusive Skids and Screech (HKD499), Fables #100, GL Corps Prelude to Blackest Night (man, how can there still be Blackest Night stuff out there that I have not already bought!) and Evangelion Chronicles #6 - featuring Gendo Ikari and EVA-01

Today
    Massive haul of United figures - Soundwave x 02, Cyb Megatron, Cyb Optimus Prime, Cyb Bumblebee, Cyb Cliffjumper, Grapple, Jazz and Tracks. Generations Grapple. The OZ Formers calendar arrived too! Also, MP-09: Rodimus Prime with extras.

MP-09 is huge!
    I was told that if the MP-09 is distributed by Hasbro HK, there are 3 extras that US or Japanese distributors won't have:
    1. a gold coin with Rodimus' face and a very neat packaging.
    2. a large black display box with silver inlay for displaying MP-09
    3. a large (really large) black paper bag with the Rodimus flame and Autobot symbol (this bag is meant to carry both MP-09 and the black display box, so its really large)

I don't know if ppl who ordered their MP-09 through HK sites will actually get these extras. In anycase, the black display case is so large that its bound to increase shipping costs for shipping overseas)

G1 and pre-Transformers

Pre-Transformers MC-05 Reflector giftset - toys are very minty C9.5 condition and tight joints. There are very significant molding differences compared with the TF version of Reflector.

Also, got in MOSC Japanese carded versions of the Race Track Patrol, Construction Patrol and Air Patrol in C10 condition. Can't be bothered taking photos, so will just have to take my word for it...