Page 5 of 183 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Oh, so that's not intentional. I know that during G1 sticker decos often "bled" over the cut lines, so I wasn't sure if that was done as an intentional effect or of it was a bad print. I'm looking at pics of the toy on TakaraTOMY's web site and... yeah, definitely bad misprint.

Has anyone else experienced this w/ their Arms Micron toys or did Skywarp91 just luck out? Now I'm kinda concerned about my Arms Micron Skywarp, which I got back in March, but I won't receive it until December or January (because I'm getting it shipped together w/ MP Sunstorm and UTD Artfire).

Get you contact the retailer for a refund/exchange?

might just be a one off thing cause the stickers on my terrorcon cliffjumper were cut perfectly.would u be able to send the stickers back and get them exchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh, so that's not intentional. I know that during G1 sticker decos often "bled" over the cut lines, so I wasn't sure if that was done as an intentional effect or of it was a bad print. I'm looking at pics of the toy on TakaraTOMY's web site and... yeah, definitely bad misprint.

Has anyone else experienced this w/ their Arms Micron toys or did Skywarp91 just luck out? Now I'm kinda concerned about my Arms Micron Skywarp, which I got back in March, but I won't receive it until December or January (because I'm getting it shipped together w/ MP Sunstorm and UTD Artfire).

Get you contact the retailer for a refund/exchange?
    I could contact BBTS to get them to ship another figure for the sake of the stickers, but that'd be pointless having two figures now with one with no stickers. I'm pretty grateful that I have this figure in the first place and that most of the stickers are meant for the micron figure which I don't really care for.

So I'm not too fussed about this, it is just poor Q/c though.

I'd personally contact TakTOM for replacement stickers, but if BBTS is based outside Japan, then I think that voids any potential replacement warranty for stuff like that. Cos I know when I was getting a replacement part for my MP01 Convoy, they explicitly asked me if I had purchased my toy from a store in or outside of Japan. Luckily for me I'd purchased it from a Japan-based dealer, so Takara were happy to cover it at their expense.

Otherwise, the next option I'd consider would be to hit the seller up for a replacement. My wife sometimes does online shopping for clothes and books, and there have been a few times when there's been a problem and the seller asks her to send the defective items back to them, and they send a replacement and also reimburse her for the cost of sending the item back (she had to obtain a receipt from Au Post and scan/email it to them).

Maybe you could tell BBTS about this and see if they offer you a discount voucher or something off your next purchase. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, dude.

Anyway... your toy, your call. How does the toy look without those stickers? Are they really _that_ essential? <shrugs>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd personally contact TakTOM for replacement stickers, but if BBTS is based outside Japan, then I think that voids any potential replacement warranty for stuff like that. Cos I know when I was getting a replacement part for my MP01 Convoy, they explicitly asked me if I had purchased my toy from a store in or outside of Japan. Luckily for me I'd purchased it from a Japan-based dealer, so Takara were happy to cover it at their expense.

Otherwise, the next option I'd consider would be to hit the seller up for a replacement. My wife sometimes does online shopping for clothes and books, and there have been a few times when there's been a problem and the seller asks her to send the defective items back to them, and they send a replacement and also reimburse her for the cost of sending the item back (she had to obtain a receipt from Au Post and scan/email it to them).

Maybe you could tell BBTS about this and see if they offer you a discount voucher or something off your next purchase. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, dude.

Anyway... your toy, your call. How does the toy look without those stickers? Are they really _that_ essential? <shrugs>
    as said before the stickers included the car mode's windows and as well as that there are the rear lights. So I improvised by drawing on my windows while I just left the lights deco-less.

This is what the toy looks like without the window stickers...

I used all the stickers EXCEPT the window stickers, because to me, it defeats the purpose of having a translucent toy if large parts of it is covered up with stickers... especially the windows, which are the one part that should be transparent/translucent.

Did you want the window stickers I'm not likely to use? Most of the Cliffjumper stickers are windows, so that would only leave 3 or 4 to try and salvage off your own sheet.

trypticon wai you so expensive?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    trypticon wai you so expensive?!!!!
    Tell me about it. Encore already!!!!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I used all the stickers EXCEPT the window stickers, because to me, it defeats the purpose of having a translucent toy if large parts of it is covered up with stickers... especially the windows, which are the one part that should be transparent/translucent.
    I was not going to use my stickers, but thought Terrorcon Cliffjumper's chest looked 2-dimensional without them.

They really should have printed the window stickers on a sheet of plastic transparent black stickers. I'm sure that would not have made a substantial production increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Tell me about it. Encore already!!!!!
    I'd love to see a Trypticon reissue (odds are Takara do still have the mould considering that they used it for Gigastorm in Beast Wars Second). But considering how Metroplex shelf warmed, I wouldn't be surprised if TakaraTOMY are hesitant in doing a Dinosaurer reissue.

Oh well... I bought an Encore Metroplex (even though I already had a G1 Metroplex)... so I did my bit in voting "Yes" for more cityformer reissues.