Thread: Transformers Universe game footage

Default Transformers Universe game footage

As this thing takes longer and longer to be released, the developers seem to be redoing it to keep up with current gaming demand/focus... as it is now two years since it was first announced "coming soon", and it has now been changed from a Mass Multiplayer Online Game, to something called a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (not sure of the difference, but is now being described as being similar to the Legends game on smart devices).

The main feature of this game was the main reason it took longer than normal MMOGs to create and release - the transforming element. Unlike a normal avatar that can just change clothing or appearance with a click or keystroke, these avatars were to be designed to transform onscreen, and be a major element of the game-play (to use both modes equally in both missions and interaction). Unfortunately, that complex element seems to have made the development process take so long, that it keeps getting delayed and reworked around it, and the current demand.

So now, apparently, it means that it will be more focused on first-person shooting missions, than the original concept of an interactive community of transforming robots (that would also be able to do adventures, but was not the primary element).

(and I think there is a fee now - it was originally going to be free to join)

Whatever it means, I think that whenever it ever gets released, it will have lost all interest by the fandom to last very long, as the Legends game has pretty much taken the market of interacting online gaming for Transformers.
    I don't even know if the Chinese one ever started up either. (a comment posted on TFW2005 suggests that it was released some time ago, and has since ended due to lack of interest - not sure if that is true either)

Oh... the video clip... has now been removed, as I think it was unauthorised... sorry. But this is apparently the same one (looks like the one released at the start of the year though)
    A lot of work has certainly gone into the game, but if it fails to attract users, or ends up being scrapped before it even gets released, it will have cost someone a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Oh... the video clip... has now been removed, as I think it was unauthorised... sorry. But this is apparently the same one (looks like the one released at the start of the year though)
    A lot of work has certainly gone into the game, but if it fails to attract users, or ends up being scrapped before it even gets released, it will have cost someone a lot of money.
    From the video it look very generic online FPS , just swap the robot with person and you got basic online shooter and not a very good one at that even.. the environment just so bland... they should of taken a good look/play of Fall of cybertron game...

i had such high hopes for this game but now...not so much...

Video has been taken down lol...guess it was leaked

i saved a copy off some chinese place that was hosting it.
    If anyone wants, i could probably send it, think it was about 25meg

MOBA games are like DOTA or League of Legends.

the video had the game playing almost like a team fortress 2 feel
    3rd person camera and battling agaisnt other players.
    the transformation seemed to work ok in that older build.

waiting... still waiting for it..

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Whatever it means, I think that whenever it ever gets released, it will have lost all interest by the fandom to last very long, as the Legends game has pretty much taken the market of interacting online gaming for Transformers.

I don't think you could really compare the two. The interaction with other players in Legends is very basic and very limited, consisting of a singular press of your phone screen and then you watch your 2D cards battle it out with no input from the user. This game is players running around a huge environment transforming and attacking each other with ranged and melee weapons. I think it's more comparable to the multiplayer on Fall of Cybertron. I can't see people who would enjoy an MMO not getting the game simply because they have a simplistic card game on their mobile.

But I am in agreement, this game has taken so long and has suffered from that many bugs and delays interest in it has substantially wained. It will probably end up like the last Duke Nukem game, the hype and excitement will have been and gone long before it ever hits the shelves where it will probably stay.

Transformers Universe game still alive and kicking and now is open for beta testing enrolments if anyone interested... plus they got new picture and wallpaper up ...look like they using transformer prime models and looks ..
    just love the Megatron wallpaper

https://www.transformersuniverse.com/downloads