Thread: IDW comics for January

Default IDW comics for January

Previews must be out from Diamond Comics, as a list of the January Transformers comics has been released.

It's the halfway point of the Dark Cybertron story, and the first of two parts of a new IDW publicity crossover (of several of their licenses).

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #25: Dark Cybertron Part 6 (of 12)
    James Roberts & John Barber (w) • Atilio Rojo, James Raiz, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)

A HERO FALLS—AND ONE RETURNS! The struggle in the DEAD UNIVERSE heats up as ORION PAX—the 'bot who was once OPTIMUS PRIME—and RODIMUS struggle with the legacy of PRIMES! Meanwhile, the Lost Light is under attack in deep space—and SHOCKWAVE and the terrifying NECROTITAN threatens CYBERTRON!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    The biggest Transformers event in comic book history hits the mid point!
    Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #25: Dark Cybertron Part 6 (of 12)—Subscription Variant
    James Roberts & John Barber (w) • Atilio Rojo, James Raiz, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Phil Jimenez (c)

For subscription customers only, a special variant cover with art by Phil Jimenez!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #25: Dark Cybertron Part 7 (of 12)
    John Barber & James Roberts (w) • Atilio Rojo, James Raiz, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)

WHAT LIES BENEATH! ULTRA MAGNUS leads what's left of the Lost Light crew deep into the last place they ever thought they'd be—and they find they last CYBERTRONIANS they ever expected to find! Meanwhile: MEGATRON versus GALVATRON: Round One!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Co-written by regular MTMTE writer James Roberts and RID writer John Barber!
    Variant Cover by Andrew Griffith!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise #25: Dark Cybertron Part 7 (of 12)— Subscription Variant
    John Barber & James Roberts (w) • Atilio Rojo, James Raiz, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Phil Jimenez (c)

For subscription customers only, a special variant cover with art by Phil Jimenez!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers Regeneration One #98
    Simon Furman (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Andrew Wildman, Guidi (c)

INVASION! And it's the Autobots doing the invading! RODIMUS PRIME takes action, leading an armada into the heart of JHIAXUS' forces—but is he playing straight into the villain's hands? Plus, FORTRESS MAXIMUS re-enters the fray, but on whose side? Oh, and STARSCREAM's past comes back to haunt him… big time!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    The COUNTDOWN to the concluding #100 continues—only 3 issues remain!
    Variant Cover by Geoff Senior!

Transformers: Regeneration One, Vol. 3
    Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman, Guido Guidi, Jeff Anderson, Stephen Baskerville, Casey W. Coller, Jose Delbo, Nick Roche, Geoff Senior (a) • Wildman (c)

The very fabric of the TRANSFORMERS' universe begins to unravel, as huge and ancient cosmic forces take note of CYBERTRON's (and the CYBERTRONIANS') descent into chaos and anarchy.

TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-61377-857-9
    Collects issues #91–95 and the #0 issue.

The X-Files: Conspiracy #1 (of 2)
    Paul Crilley (w) • John Stanisci (a) • Miran Kim (c)

The event of the year begins here! When The Lone Gunmen discover Internet files from future, they learn that a plague will soon wipe out most of humanity. With Agents Mulder and Scully working one lead, the Gunmen must spring into action and investigate several urban legends: a group of ghost-hunters, mutant turtles that live in the sewers, shape-changing alien robots, and a vengeful spirit from beyond the grave!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Preeeeetty obvious who the returning hero is.

There's two big guesses, but one seems far more likely for practical reasons.

As for the 'hero falling' - it's as meaningless now in IDW as it is for super-heroes. They'll be back, as framed nicely by the fact the same issue will feature the return of a 'dead' character.

Sigh.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Preeeeetty obvious who the returning hero is.

There's two big guesses, but one seems far more likely for practical reasons.

As for the 'hero falling' - it's as meaningless now in IDW as it is for super-heroes. They'll be back, as framed nicely by the fact the same issue will feature the return of a 'dead' character.

Sigh.
    I think "hero falls" will be as much about death as "the death of Optimus Prime" was. I assume it'll be the same deal but in reverse. I'll be glad to be wrong.

Here's hoping that Dark Cybertron is not the beginning of the end for MtMtE.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

From recent interviews/comments it sounds like Roberts is ready to get back to "Season Two" as soon as the crossover is all over. I'm more curious what's RID is going to be like post crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From recent interviews/comments it sounds like Roberts is ready to get back to "Season Two" as soon as the crossover is all over. I'm more curious what's RID is going to be like post crossover.
    Hopefully shaken up with an updated cast or something.I hope Swindle heads on over to MTMTE, with Magnus in RID.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Hopefully shaken up with an updated cast or something.I hope Swindle heads on over to MTMTE, with Magnus in RID.
    Roberts fought tooth and nail to get Magnus for MTMTE. Considering the backstory Roberts has built for him, I can't see Roberts letting go of Magnus in a hurry.

I just hope that RiD has more than 5 months of stories to last over a year. Roberts may be done with Magnus for now but I hope he stays with the Lost Light.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)