Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First look at prime toy for tf5 line

I hope there is a better paint scheme on the final version.

I LOVE the Western Star truck in the movie but the toy in both modes seems somewhat underwhelming whereas the better versions of the Peterbilt are just stunning.
    I hope they can refine him a bit to bring some oomph to the figure. Optimus deserves a nice figure regardless of how little screen time they end up giving him.

I understand the knight look makes it really hard to give him a true representation, although it does look like more effort has been made to try and accomplish this, but I just want as close a representation in BOTH modes as they can possibly give us.

This video shared by TFW shows a Chinese shopping site visiting Hasbro's Rhode Island headquarters. And John Warden officially reveals Optimus Prime's look in TLK.

Also revealed is the Voyager figure. The backpack looks very compact. Love it.

AoE Leader Optimus... sorry I mean the new "totally not a downsized AoE Leader by Kubianbao/KBB" LK Voyager Prime, in packaging.
    First Edition is called "Premier Edition" now by the way.

Still looks like a downsized AoE Optimus to me. As The_Damned said "Nice at least it makes it easy for me to save money"

I actually like the box art... pity that the colours of the toy are complete Bantha Poodoo!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Tranformers movie toy designs: always pushing the boundaries of ugly.
    I always loved the Leader Primes from RoTF and DotM, specifically Buster and APS Primes. They are nice robots.

Wonder if they will release a platinum edition prime with trailer like they did fort AOE? If they did a version of that for the new movie, i would consider getting it, as it actually had alot of chrome and was the most movie accurate prime in AoE.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I see takara putting more silver on that face.

If this is what the movie voyagers are gonna look like what about leaders/deluxes?

Frankly I want TR to be on its last legs before these come, its hard enough with 3 concurrent lines to co-exist (rescue bots, rid2015 and generations)

Isn't it amazing how the lack of decals turns something that could look ok into something "meh".

When I first saw that in-box image I thought it was one of the many KO's out there...

I really hope Takara do more with him.

Do you think they'll do a better job with Bumblebee since they want to push his popularity?

I love the box design, but there's no way I'd buy it when I own a better one from AoE. Not even for a cool painted sword.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

There's photos of a new leader class figure with rusty metal paintwork. Spoiler alert but the bio in the back is an interesting read.

Mummy, where do transfomer babies come from?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!