Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Wahlberg signed up for more Transformers movies

Default Mark Wahlberg signed up for more Transformers movies

From the language being used, it appears that Mark Wahlberg is signed up for Transformers 5, and maybe 6 & 7 as well... which would make it four movies for him, compared to three for Shia (whom I'd have to imagine would appear again in a future movie - the character was way too significant to the Autobots and Decepticons to be erased from history).
    There's an article here about it, and a video clip here.

I was wondering where Transformers would rank as a film series if it gets to 7 movies, in terms of how many film series has had more movies, and found that there are quite a lot... meaning that Transformers would need to get to "Transformers 90" to get the record.

But in terms of the most profitable film franchises, Transformers is currently at number 7 (but that includes the 1986 movie, which brings down the average from US$939 Million to US$752 Million).
    So if they do another three and do as well as the current average of US$939 Million for the current series, the franchise could climb one or two spots on the table... but, the three above it have future movies as well, which will keep earning them more money too.

It's worth noting that in terms of global box-office takings, the 4 Live Action Transformers Movies are second highest in terms of average earnings (even to other franchises that also take out earlier, poor performing, unrelated movies like the 1986 TFs movie is to the Live Action ones)... just being beaten by the Harry Potter franchise by $26 Million (a mere 3% difference).
    If the Harry Potter Prequel trilogy doesn't do as well as the main eight movies and brings down its average, Transformers would then become the most bankable/invest-able "contemporary" (current/future) franchise.
    As polarising as Michael Bay is, that's certainly a statistic in his favour that could see him as one of the most bankable movie directors (those are just US takings though, but Global takings shouldn't be much off).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    From the language being used, it appears that Mark Wahlberg is signed up for Transformers 5, and maybe 6 & 7 as well.
    Well that would certainly mean that they would be continuing the current storyline rather than doing a reboot with whoever the next director turns out to be. I didn't realize until I read the article that Bay is going to produce the next flick - I thought he was leaving the franchise for good.

I love the movies, never had a problem with Bay to be honest,

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I didn't realize until I read the article that Bay is going to produce the next flick - I thought he was leaving the franchise for good.
    I didn't even catch that bit... but was thinking to myself when I was reading how profitable he (and his name) is, that his production company (Platinum Dunes) would probably be signed on in some way, just to have his name in the credits and trailers (to draw in more people). Or he had it in one of his past contracts to have first rights to producing future TFs movies.

I'm okay with Marky Mark returning. It'd do less damage than having to reestablish a new male lead.

I'm not so sure Shia will be back Griff. Spike may be back as he is such an important character but Shia seems to have wandered off angrily on his own indie, 'not famous anymore' path.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I'm okay with Marky Mark returning. It'd do less damage than having to reestablish a new male lead.

I'm not so sure Shia will be back Griff. Spike may be back as he is such an important character but Shia seems to have wandered off angrily on his own indie, 'not famous anymore' path.
    Shia just did just do a movie with Brad Pitt, so he could be making a comeback.

I for one like that Mark Wahlberg is coming back, I rather enjoyed his character, and Marky Mark is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Agree
    I third that - I enjoy the action shots and explosions everywhere.

Let's be honest if they replaced Marky Mark with Nic Cage or any middle aged white Hollywood action/adventure movie star would anybody even notice amidst the explosions?