Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2007 total acquisitions, and your best/worst.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

1 - What was the total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)?200 -300
    2 - What was your best acquisition for the year? Minty fresh Shockwave
    3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying? I live a life of no regrets
    4 - Most difficult item to find? Reflector
    5 - Item you never found, but still want? G1 Sunstorm
    6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad? Generally good
    7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad? Generally good
    8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad? Generally very good
    9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad? BT's were good
    10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys? YES
    11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise? YES
    12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD? Yes, transforming case but took it back when I decided I couldn't justify a $50 movie
    13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008? Classics 2.0 and hopefully getting every TF released up to 1986

1 - What was the total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)? 70ish
    2 - What was your best acquisition/s for the year? Bumblebee 08, Cybertron Optimus Prime, Beast Wars Silverbolt
    3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying? Alternators Optimus Prime
    4 - Most difficult item to find? Nothing really
    5 - Item you never found, but still want? Cybertron Voyager Starscream
    6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad? Good overall
    7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad? Can't review, I have none
    8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad? I got them all, and I'm not complaining yet
    9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad? I loved my BT-13 Laserwave.
    10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys? I didn't.
    11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise? Nope, but I got given the Transforming Pens.
    12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD? Yep, got the Metalbook version.
    13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008? Classics 2.0 and hopefully the Animated toys will be excellent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos
    9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad? I loved my BT-13 Laserwave.
    Dude, Laserwave is a 2005 figure, not 2007. 2007 only saw 2 Binaltechs (Black Convoy and Ligier).

Oh, my bad. I don't keep up with the Japanese toys very well :P

1 - What was the total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)?
    A - Most of my collection was obtained during last year so that must be around around 300 toys

2 - What was your best acquisition for the year?
    A - Fort Max, of course

3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying?
    A - Movie Leader Brawl, it was very dissapointing.

4 - Most difficult item to find?
    A- Botcon 06 Megatron

5 - Item you never found, but still want?
    A - G1 Skystalker!

6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad?
    A - Autobots were very good. Decepticons were barely okay as many of its larger more expensive toys were a bit on the mediocre.

7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad?
    A - I think they are good but I have not bothered to collect them.

8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad?
    A- They were freaking awesome and as result I collected them all! However I am greatly annoyed as how Hasbro caused the remaining seekers to become Botcon exclusives.

9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad?
    A - They Japanese TFs in general were good and higher quality than Hasbro's although they loose points with Mp Greenscream. I apreciate MP Megatron and Skywarp however and look forward to more MPs.

10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys?
    A - I bought all of the released G1 robot heroes and several G1 Action Masters but I think that they qualfy as transforming due to the accessories.

11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise?
    A - Non retail but I gor the Club/botcon Exclusive Vector Sigma and Classics Poster thansk to Griffin.

12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD?
    A - Bought the DVD with the Transforming case but I also bought several other DVDs such as the Metrodome Japanese G1 series, the G1 movie and G1 Cartoons box set from Madman.

13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008?
    A - Classics 2.0, more reissues (such as Skylinx) and more Masterpiece figures. I also look forward to expanding my G1 collection particularly from years 87-90
    ________
    Babe lesbian
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 01:50 PM.

1 - What was the total number obtained for the year (roughly, if you don't know)?
    About 367. I started the year with 1475 and ended it with 1842, so the difference doesn't account for replacements or non-transformable items/figurines. I picked up 81 figurines and other items that don't count towards the collection last year, which is almost half of the 208 that I currently have.
    2 - What was your best acquisition for the year?
    Probably Dezarus (Takara Gen1) from BotCon. It wasn't too cheap, but it's a cult figure. A close second would be Browning (Takara Gen1 Gun), which snuck in before people started getting gun toys confiscated by Customs.
    3 - What was your worst, or the thing you most regretted buying?
    I'd probably say Leader sized Movie Megatron was the worst value figure. Or the Unleashed Turnarounds.
    4 - Most difficult item to find?
    Robovison Optimus. I saw it once before BotCon in June, but thought that I could pick it up cheaper while in America. I didn't find it at all anywhere while in America, even at BotCon, but by the time I got back home, I couldn't find it anywhere here either. Fortunately dirge came to the rescue by finding one in a Sydney store and holding onto it for about 3 months until I could get it from him in person.
    5 - Item you never found, but still want?
    A tie between Masterpiece Starscream and Final Battle Jazz. Never saw either of them in stores near me, and ended up importing MP Starscream about two weeks ago.
    6 - Were the Movie toys in general good or bad?
    Cast was too small, so too many of each one. The detailing was good, and the automorph was an okay gimmick as long as it didn't spoil the transformation too much by doing most of the work for you (the fun of Transformers for me is working out how to transform it on my own, without the help of instructions or Automorphing).
    7 - Were the Real Gear toys in general good or bad?
    Good to get more variety in the alt modes, and harks back to the early Gen1 gadget Transformers (like Reflector, Perceptor, Soundwave, cassettes, etc.), but Hasbro wasted the opportunity to use the RGs for Gen1 homages.
    8 - Were the Classics toys in general good or bad?
    The main figures (not the Minicons or Legends) was probably my favourite TF line behind Gen1, but just a bit ahead of Binaltech/Alternators. If Hasbro had known how popular these would be, I think it would have been a full series, with cartoon and merchandising. It's just a pity that there is an 18 month gap between the first and second series, but I'd be guessing Hasbro will relaunch the line with the first series re-released with the new figures.
    9 - Did you think the Japanese TFs in general this year were good or bad?
    Not a whole lot happened on the Japanese side of things in 2007, and it can't be blamed on the take-over by Tomy. We did get MP Skywarp and Megatron, Shoes, MP3 Soundwave, reissued Beast Wars and Gen1 figures, and a number of one-off items and recolours. There didn't seem to be much focus by TakaraTomy in 2007, so it could be difficult to reflect on that year in future for any one line or theme. It was a bit disappointing. And despite there being no significant focus this year (aside from the Movie), there were so many rarer one-off items that collectors like myself probably spent more than usual on JP figures last year.
    10 - Did you buy any non-transforming toys?
    Too many. When the figurines start becoming a major subline, it is difficult to ignore them or not collect them to keep up with the rest of the fandom. 2007 saw a massive surge in non-transforming figures, with Robot Heroes, Titaniums (which had been going for a couple of years now), Stompers, Revoltech and Unleashed. All to cash in on the expected peak in interest of the brand due to the movie. I just about bought everything from Hasbro, which look good on a display shelf, but very little was playable at all.
    11 - Did you buy any officially licensed (non-toy) merchandise?
    Not a fan of merchandise, but did get my hands on four of those coffee mugs (with the heat activated symbols and the hot chocolate) (awesome), some of the 'hand decorated' chocolates (yum), an advent calendar (yuck), Movie Ink stamp set (nice), Movie 'Secret Writing Set' (best purchase EVER!), Movie Playstation 2 Game (still haven't finished it yet).
    12 - Did you buy the Movie on DVD?
    Yep, all three AUS packaged versions. Still thinking about getting the HD DVD version, for the eventual purchase of a widescreen HD TV.
    13 - What are you looking forward to most in 2008?
    Classics 2.0 like most others. Also Animated to a degree. I am hesitant to jump on it too quickly, but I think the cartoon will draw me into the toys more. More JP reissues will be good, with the ones we so far know giving hope for other 'new' reissues (not reissued before).
    Other things I'm aiming to do this year - go to BotCon, complete my Gen2 collection, aquire BotCon 94 Breakdown, Shafler, Grand Maximus and Black Zarak, and pass 2000 convertable figures. Plus complete my MOTU collection (100 of the early figures from the 80s), but details on that later...