Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132333435364151 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

And speaking of metal, Rob Zombie has done yet another tv commercial. This time, for exterminating ants

You must watch heh

So the great Hursticon introduced me to a documentary called 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey'

Wow, it's a good explanation to people outside of metal our culture and why we do what we do. It also shows how batsh!t insane Norwegian Black Metal is

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So the great Hursticon introduced me to a documentary called 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey'

Wow, it's a good explanation to people outside of metal our culture and why we do what we do. It also shows how batsh!t insane Norwegian Black Metal is
    I dunno about 'Great'...
    It is an excellent doco though and I'm glad you enjoyed it; you're not wrong about the Norwegian Black Metal at times though, they can be fair crazy.

I discovered a really unique band a little while ago, and decided to buy some cds off amazon. They turned up really quickly.

Now I wouldn't say these guys are heavy metal, but I imagine people who like metal might enjoy these guys. They are medieval, play with medieval instruments that they researched and made themselves.

Corvus Corax - The Drinking Loving Dancers

During the 80's, these guys used to travel the streets of East Germany as wandering minstrels. Quite an interesting idea.

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That = GOLD

Sir Christopher Lee's next opus will be out soon. The last one was great. The guy is 90 years old, yet still creates amazing pieces of art. Kudos to the man who drinks human blood

After reading about 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' above, I thought it was time to sit down and watch it (I'm sure it's been on VH1 before ). Very entertaining. I particularly liked the closing statement -

Ever since I was 12 years old I had to defend my love for heavy metal against those who say it's a less valid form of music. My answer now is that you either feel it or you don't. If metal doesn't give that overwhelming surge of power that make the hair stand up at the back of your neck, you might never get it, and you know what? That's okay, because judging by the 40,000 metalheads around me we're doing just fine without you.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    After reading about 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey' above, I thought it was time to sit down and watch it (I'm sure it's been on VH1 before ). Very entertaining. I particularly liked the closing statement -
    Glad to hear you've had the opportunity to watch that Doco dude, I found it to be superbly done - Especially if one was to be a non-Metal Head, you'll definitely get a good rounded idea of what Metal is.

I might refer you to his follow-up Docos:
    Global Metal
    Metal Evolution (11 Part TV Series)

If you enjoyed 'Metal: A Headbanger's Journey', you'll dig those dude.

Thanks Hursti I'll definitely check them out.

Post Soundwave 2012 I'm experiencing a bit of a revival in my interest in all things metal and have been looking for some new bands to check out. Suggestions?

To give you an idea on my tastes, I've been listening to a lot of groove metal such as Lamb Of God.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks